2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

Has anybody bought GAP insurance for there car recently. What did you go for RTI or VRI

Who did you buy it through and how much did you pay.

As I have read the Honda GAP, and that is only RTI evene though is mentions vehicle rplacement policy? and the cost of around £395?

Regards

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
I didn't bother cos' RTI, only covers you for a basic car, not your added extras, even if the dealer fitted them (i.e. you get an S-GT for your S-GT, but not your bump strips or grill, or mats wheels, etc. etc.).

Tom

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Wow I wasn't given the options, but then my only extra is mats.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I got Gap insurance for £199 which pays out a maximum benefit of £15k for 3 years. If you want some cover send me a PM and I'll get my insurers to drop you a line.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Got GAP from Honda for the best price I could find on t'internet at the time. Did some searches and then emailed the salesman and told him to wise up. So he matched it - one email saved me £100 - result - thats about 2 weeks petrol lol

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
Got GAP from Honda for the best price I could find on t'internet at the time. Did some searches and then emailed the salesman and told him to wise up. So he matched it - one email saved me £100 - result - thats about 2 weeks petrol lol
What price did you end up getting it for then :?:

·
Registered
136 Posts
Sorry forgot about this thread! I got it for £199 (ie the price of the cover up to £15k) but for my full invoice price of £18500.

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Got mine through click4gap.co.uk - premium was £181, go through quidco.com to earn £22.50 cashback, so £160ish in the end.

Obviously as with any insurance, you never know how good the company is until you need to claim! Seem to get good write ups though on the searches i carried out.

Matt.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts