2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would anybody in Lancashire be up for fitting RickHondaR's footwell lights (Dimming as per this thread) to my 2009 Civic Type S?

I have already got the kit from RickHondaR and feel confident fitting it as it is, but not to make them dim like on here. I think it's a little out of my comfort levels.

I'm willing to pay for your time. All I ask is that you've done it before (on your civic etc) and are confident etc. My car is my baby lol.

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
I am a compleat novice, but I found it very easy the main thing is finding the correct wire in the drivers footwell under the steering wheel but thats in the instructions, the rest is just threading wires and sticking the little lights where you want them.1 methodical hour tops( it was for me anyway front and rear set)

·
Premium Member
870 Posts
Yeah 1 hour to do the lights. 4+ hours if you want to attach a dimming switch. I couldn't find a suitable place to put it and every time it moved the wires fell out which caused me to keep cutting more wire n put it into either end. Very annoying. It also only dims from 'bright' to 'not so bright'...so up to you if you want to attach it.

·
Supporter
3,159 Posts
The standard brightness is absolutely fine, hardly noticeable in full daylight (therefore you would not want to dim) and a nice subtle glow at night, I cannot see that I would want to dim them.
If you fit the lights without a dimming switch it is literally a 15 minute job - dead easy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts