2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Think that would be a nightmare to fit perfectly without bubbles, especially on the front bumper! Bonnet should be too hard to do.

There's a Sign company in our building at work, I'll ask them if they've heard anything about it or something similar.

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
3M also make a product similar to this. If you have never fitted this before it is not easy, It needs to be slightly stretched as you fit it, also you will need to be a dab hand with a scalpel. Once stuck it is like s**t to a blanket and may even pull the paint off if you want to remove it, knowing how iffy the civic is in that department !. If you want to know what it looks like fitted, have a look at a Porsche 911 rear arch/sill not as invisible as you may think if only part of the bonnet is covered.

·
Registered
882 Posts
VS is 3M owned - and whilst it can be a bit tricky, taking your time and using enough lube, should result in a good job.

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
VS is very good at its job (preventing stone chips), but the edges are always clearly visible.

You can get make and model specific kits which cover the the leading edge oft the bonnet, front wing leading edges, front bumper, door handle surround and well, and fuel filler surround. Our local authorised dealer is so confident of the product that they invite you to 'key' the bonnet of their van which is fitted with it ! :(

If you do go for it, don't forget to get your paint corrected first...nothing worse than a swirl mark in your paint which no ammount of polishing is ever going to shift ! ;)

·
Registered
412 Posts
Have venture shield on my jazz 09 plus Fiesta 09 ...No bubbles could not tell its on ....Company that fitted it gave me a demonstration with a key and took it the whole lenth of their bonnet ....and then lifted it up ....No marks ......Also it does not stick to the paint as implied by one person on this thread .....It allows the UV through so after however many years should you wish to remove it the car will have the same color all over without fadeing ....It is also self healing ..so should you get a stone chip it will in time cover it up ....And comes with a lifetime warranty ....What more do you need .....ON A STEEL HORSE I RIDE

1 - 7 of 7 Posts