2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive had mine exactly a year now and its given me no hassle. But for some reason the car really does annoy me sometimes.

I was thinking maybe its the ride. The road I live on is awful and the FN2 is a nightmare down it, this annoys me immensely some days, but I think its unfair to blame the car for this as the ride doesn't bother me 90% of time.

The beeping all the time, this is also incredibly annoying. Even after a year of owning:mad:

Also there are a few small issues, a wobbly handbrake anyone else have this? its fine when engaged but feels loose when driving. Also the whole area with the arm rest around the handbrake wobbles, surely there's a way to tighten it?

Got rust on top of doors, its only a small amount, anyway to prevent it getting worse?

Theres a metallic clicking noise coming from the front drivers side, from what ive read it seems to be the sub frame bolt, is it an easy fix?

Yet despite all these niggles the car is so good to drive! I really do enjoy it more than my old EP3 and to be fair it doesn't cost much to run apart from tax:mad:

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
The beeping all the time, this is also incredibly annoying. Even after a year of owning:mad:
Errm.........what is it that is beeping all the time?

Can't really think of anything that I hate about the car. Pedals can be slippery with wet shoes, and rear visibility could be better, but certainly nothing that annoys me.

·
Type R GT Milano GP Kit
2,262 Posts
Upgrade your springs to eibach's they soften the ride, other than that mines not giving me grief no rust either on annoying pitted bonnet but carbon wrap or a new vented bonnet would sort that. ;-)

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Hate it when its dirty, love it when its clean lol

The ride can annoy me at times but that's down to the state of the roads round my way rather than the car itself. Driving on a nice smooth road surface and giving it some beans then its a joy to drive.

What beeping noise? Seat belt warning, key in igniton?!?:confused:

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Subframe bolt is 20 min job, loosen bolts, clean out dirt and grease. Then tighten up. Had same problem. Very annoying. There's a Honda fix on the forum somewhere

·
Registered
259 Posts
I have the car for 5 years. I hate the fact that is slow as ****. But dont know why, i just cant get rid of her.

Its nice car, just lacks of power.

·
Henkepenk
1,353 Posts
The only thing that annoys me is the hard ride. But I blame the roads and other people! I love the stiffnes but I'm always afraid when braking for speed bumps, holes etc that someone behind me will hit me since they dont care!

·
Type R GT Milano GP Kit
2,262 Posts
I had that squeaky frame thing done at Honda for free they undone a couple of bolts cleaned them and greased them and that was it simples could have done it myself had I known. I've had mine over a year now and done over 10000miles of happy motoring. ;-)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'll try and remove these bolts myself, i found the picture of it.

Has anyone else had the loose handbrake I mentioned?

·
Love Mi-VTEC!
563 Posts
Have to say there's nothing I hate about mine. Love it as much as the day I bought it last year on the 8th of April. :)

Can't see myself ever getting rid until it proper dies. :)

·
On the sofa
255 Posts
I'll try and remove these bolts myself, i found the picture of it.

Has anyone else had the loose handbrake I mentioned?
Handbrake is an easy fix. There is a circular bung cover in the compartment under the armrest. Remove and there is a nut on a bolt that tightens up the handbrake assembly. Put a socket on a small extension bar and you'll be able to tighten it a few turns which stops the handbrake flapping around when its disengaged. Give it a try.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts