2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I was wondering if anyone else has been having any connection issues with the ICE using bluetooth? My unit appears to have completely given up the ghost not allowing any bluetooth connections, either for the phone, or for audio purposes. Tried disconnecting the battery, and resetting to factory defaults, but no good......... Honda claim it needs a new head unit, and all of this after 3 days... Anyone else noticed anything similar?
EX-GT 2.2 I-Dtec

·
Registered
56 Posts
When starting a journey, my phone (samsung galaxy ace) sometimes connects and disconnects repeatedly. On one occasion did it about a dozen times over the course of about 10 minutes. Most of the time it only does it 2 or 3 times though. Always seems to happen at the start of the journey. Once this initial phase is out the way i haven't had further problems. Car is still less than a week old and have only covered a couple of hundred miles so far. Will need to keep monitoring.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Not sure if this helps but I found this....

Bluetooth Audio​
Q: The play/pause on-screen button does not
work as I expect.

A: The pause function does not work with all
devices. To pause playback the passenger
should press pause on the device.

Q: I cannot get Bluetooth playback to work.

A: Not all devices support Bluetooth audio.
Check with the manufacturer to see if your
device is supported and check the
Honda Handsfree website. If it
is compatible, the device must first be paired
to the vehicle. Make sure the device is in
discoverable mode, press ‘TEL’ and follow
instructions for ‘Phone Setup’. Ensure if
multiple phones have been paired that the​
correct one is connected.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Bluetooth Audio
Q: The play/pause on-screen button does not
work as I expect.​

A: The pause function does not work with all
devices... ...​
I haven’t had any Bluetooth connection issues, but after reading this post I tried the on-screen buttons during playback from my iPhone and the Play/Pause doesn’t work. Could this be a firmware issue?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the responses........

Definately according to Honda UK, not a firmware issue (no new firmware release since the launch of the car apparently) . Honda wont yet agree to replace the Head unit, but instead now are mooting the possibility of ripping out the head lining, and starting to trace wiring looms for issues.......... Seems a little extreme to me, when in just a couple of hours, they could replace the head unit, and see if that fixes the issue, before potentially giving me back a suddenly very rattly interior........

Still, on a positive note, did manage to get a decent return on a full tank this week...............
569 Miles, and just 44 Litres put back in, so nearly 59mpg. Happy days.

·
1.5 Sport Plus CVT
354 Posts
When starting a journey, my phone (samsung galaxy ace) sometimes connects and disconnects repeatedly. On one occasion did it about a dozen times over the course of about 10 minutes. Most of the time it only does it 2 or 3 times though. Always seems to happen at the start of the journey. Once this initial phase is out the way i haven't had further problems. Car is still less than a week old and have only covered a couple of hundred miles so far. Will need to keep monitoring.
Im getting the exact same things so your not alone.........Samsung Galaxy s2

·
1.5 Sport Plus CVT
354 Posts
thanks for the responses........

Definately according to Honda UK, not a firmware issue (no new firmware release since the launch of the car apparently) . Honda wont yet agree to replace the Head unit, but instead now are mooting the possibility of ripping out the head lining, and starting to trace wiring looms for issues.......... Seems a little extreme to me, when in just a couple of hours, they could replace the head unit, and see if that fixes the issue, before potentially giving me back a suddenly very rattly interior........

Still, on a positive note, did manage to get a decent return on a full tank this week...............
569 Miles, and just 44 Litres put back in, so nearly 59mpg. Happy days.
Any updates ....... mine is disconnecting constantly now

·
Registered
56 Posts
Mine seems to have stabilised. Normal pattern now is connect, disconnect, connect again. After that, now seems to stay connected.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I take back my comment about mine being stabilised. Was mid-call last night and car decided to drop connection to phone. Most annoying. Had been driving for 20+ mins, so wasn't anything to do with the initial fun & games associated with establishing a connection.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Just found that on my phone, when I connect it puts a meesage on my phone asking if I want to allow phonebook access. It hides on the noticifcation menu at the top of the screen. After I dragged the notifications down and selected "Allow every time" my phone has stopped connecting/disconnecting.

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
i think it is also partly a samsung issue too as my galaxy does this in my jazz as well

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've checked and the HTC Desire is in the compatibility list. A few mentioned the Samsung Galaxy S - that's in there as well. It might be worth starting a poll or something to try and gauge which phones are having problems. With it seemingly only being Android phones, my paranoid instinct is to blame the fact that the unit is based on Microsoft CE. I just can't believe that manufacturers are still using an outdated OS originally developed for PDAs. We'd have the pick of the crop of audio formats if it wasn't for that. WMA - who the hell still thinks that is used anywhere?
On a similar note, has anyone managed to play an AAC track yet?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Alidaf, did you see my post above. Pull down the notification menu on your phone and you will see a message your phone is hiding from you. Let me know if it fixes it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
civilrights.. thanks, I noticed that myself but it hasn't fixed the issue. I've tried deleting the phone from the ICE and re-pairing. I've tried removing some apps as well but no joy. It has just occurred to me though that I should delete the pairing from the ICE and the phone before re-pairing. I'll try that a bit later.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Civilrights - watched my phone as I switched on and sure enough the notification briefly appeared. Ticked the appropriate box and haven't had any further issues. So, hopefully that's now resolved. Thanks for the pointer.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts