2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What can be done? It's so bad. I can't pick up radio channels that all other cars can, and on a lot that I can, they're constantly loosing reception.

Has anyone found a fix for this? Or can someone give me some options, please.

Reactions: BB-8Fan

·
Banned
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had this problem with my previous car and have read elsewhere of other's noticing the problem, too.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
There used to be a lot of discussion about this and I don't remember any easy fixes. There are areas of the country that seem to be bad reception. Best rule out a fault on your car by comparing it to another, at a dealers if neccessary.

On some cars the rear screen demist interfered with the radio.

My own view is that the aerial has a design fault, I would try a different antenna albeit only temporary to see the effect.

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
With rear demister on, and tuned into Radio 1 all I used to get was white noise. I bought an earthing kit and although the problem isnt 100% its definitely alot better since fitting.

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
Is this on an aftermarket HU, May be worth while buying a signal booster from Halfords about £10 put it into the back of the HU you splice the power cable to a power cable on the HU and will give you a better signal.

When I replaced the HU on the FN2 the radio was really bad so got myself one of these and no more issues.

·
Banned
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is this on an aftermarket HU, May be worth while buying a signal booster from Halfords about £10 put it into the back of the HU you splice the power cable to a power cable on the HU and will give you a better signal.

When I replaced the HU on the FN2 the radio was really bad so got myself one of these and no more issues.
No standard HU.

Will this option still work?

·
Banned
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
With me it's constant. I am unable to tune into stations that are available on other cars. Quite frustrating.

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
On 810mw when listening to football if i turn the wheel right or left, even at a standstill it interfears with the station. Only the mw stations though. Apart from that im fine.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Mine reception is great in the dry,but when it rains its shocking and also if you put heated rear window reception goes,its booked in with selling dealer 2 weeks time ,if i have no joy will have a look my self and keep you posted Cheers Paul

·
Administrator
MY22 Jazz EX Hybrid
22,547 Posts
At the time we had quite a few posts about this.

The bottom line was 2 main issues:

1) The rear demister, as mentioned. This was particularly noticeable on the diesel models because they have a feature of automatically turning it on when temps drop. Once on it was posted that radio reception drops.

2) There was an issue with early Civics with the aerial earthing. I seem to remember this was the subject of a service bulletin, but as usual, only looked at if the customer mentioned it.

Reactions: Farqui
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.