2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, just bought my first civic (56 plate ex) and my only disappointment is that the parking sensors are not factory fitted as I thought they were originally.

They are not audible at all and just display in green and reg bars on a black box fitted above the rear view mirror.

Anyway the problem is that the left one is faulty and displays all of the bars suggesting I'm parked right up against a wall however the right one displays the correct measurement.

The problem is that in order for the sensors to display the distance to the object in meters both sensors need to be working and because one is not working it displays 0.0m

I've checked there no obvious dirt in them but no go.

Any help from you knowledgeable folk?

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Might be just as easy for you to fit a new kit, mine cost £25 off of ebay, should be an easy job replacing what you have fitted already. :)

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
There are some very cheap and cheerful ones out there.
Cheaper to replace them (as you are half way there) for relatively little dosh.

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys, in the end it seems to have sorted itself out this morning so I can only assume as it rained yesterday it was caused my moisture.

This is worrying though as I need to park in all weather conditions! Perhaps I'll look into replacing them for slightly more weather sealed ones.

Thanks

·
Mugenised CR-Z GT
502 Posts
Sounds like a little crack in the sensor or where the wire has been routed the wiring has been rubbing on something and caused the wiring to get corroed (we had this on a CR-V with after market sensors that were about 6years old) if your handy with the tools check the loom first you might be able to get away with a repair opposed to replacing the kit as the new kit most likely won't be colour coded

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the advice hybridrob, if the problem persists I'll come back here to do some research on what to do as without proper guidance I'm far from handy with a tool kit...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Parking Sensors

My 2.2i CTDi ES does not have any parking aids at all so I shall be fitting some sensors, several posts mentioned 'cheap & cheerful' sensors but there seems to be quite a few makes available for <£20.
Can anybody recommend a particular brand ? Or is it worth paying a bit more, £50/60 ?
Thanks all.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Just received a set off ebay for 2006 Civic, genuine Honda from a dealer for the princely sum of £27.43, which included postage. Only problem is they are Champagne Silver and the Civic is Galaxy Grey. Out with the touch up paint!

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just received a set off ebay for 2006 Civic, genuine Honda from a dealer for the princely sum of £27.43, which included postage. Only problem is they are Champagne Silver and the Civic is Galaxy Grey. Out with the touch up paint!
so they would enable the audiable beep when you reverse?
I wouldnt mind replacing my visual after market ones with some audiable factory standard ones if I could find the right colour..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts