2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reason being I've just managed to put an attractive collection of scatches about 2 foot in length on my nearside door. The position of these is right on the lower bit of the horizontal ridge on the door and thus rather than have them resprayed/touched up it might be a better longer term option to cover them up instead.
Any close up pics of fitted door protectors greatly appreciated....

Attachments

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
There are a few photos in the gallery of cars fitted with the protectors. I don't know if any will show them close enough.

How did you do that? Was it a bollard in a car park or something?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unfortunatly thats after its had a good polish....
Stupid really. I was manouvering around the drive at my mums house, trying to dodge bits of ironwork that had just been delivered. Note the word 'trying'.
All in all not a good week for my old civic - I got this last weekend and hopefully it will get replaced tomorrow.

Attachments

·
Foglight Covers FORSALE
3,171 Posts
hope your covered for screens, as these are around £300 so ive been told. some insurances are offering cheap insurance cover but forget to tell u windscreens are not covered.

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
Is this any good to you?

If you need any better pics let me know, I will go out side and take a photo.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for pics RR. Based on this and other pics ive found I think that the door strips sit mainly above the horizontal ridge in the door, which is a bu**er as all of the scratches are below this ridge.
Still, on the bright side, since getting my car ive been driving like a girl , in fear of getting any stone chips. Since getting this scrape and cracking my windsceen ive been driving the car like its meant to be driven......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts