2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Anyone got Celtic remap in sussex?

Tuning 
3K views 22 replies 9 participants last post by  buttonmoon 
#1 ·
Hi All,

currently battling with myself about getting a Celtic Remap for my 59 plate 2.2 type S GT. Bought the car new in Sept 09 and love it, but think its time to unlock more power. I really want to make sure I think its worth it though. I've read loads of the threads on here and I'm impressed with all the positive feedback.
I live in Brighton and was wondering if any other members in Sussex have had the celtic map as I'd be interested in meeting up and being taken for a spin to feel the difference if anyone is willing.

Thanks in advance![smilie=wrygrin.gif]

#3 ·
Very true!
I think I just need to feel how different the extra 50hp makes in the Civ, I've driven various 200-360bhp petrol cars that felt superb.
Still just hesitant about doing it to my fairly stock diesel car. I put new brakes and pads on her so I can now certainly stop quick! But I am also keen on the celtic remap for the smoother acceleration and ironing out the flat spots as well as EXTRA POWER!!!!

#8 ·
If your car is under warranty and you have the celtic remap and the clutch does start to slip would it be feasible to have the map removed and then return to honda for the revised clutch to be fitted under warranty.... Although it would be breaking the rules somewhat...?:rolleyes:

#11 ·
The only thing you have to worry about clutch wise is the max torque.
Oem is 245-250 hubs / 280-285 lb ft wheels
Celtic stage one is 292 lb ft.
The map is as clutch safe as hondas is.
If it fails with this it will fail with the honda one too.
;) :worms: :facepalm: :popcorn: :D

#9 ·
I'm booked in for the Stage 1 remap this Saturday.

Car is a 2.2 GT 57 plate, new clutch and fly wheel @ 87K from Honda, currently got 101K.

Will let you have a go after its done, but from what i've read and speaking to the guys @ Celtic there is no way i'm not getting it done!

Reactions: buttonmoon
#13 ·
On the accord forum we have had a couple ictdi's remapped which have suffered clutch slip symptoms almost straight away. But I agree with Relic these cars would have suffered anyway the remap just brought it to the surface quicker.

I had mine mapped by celtic and needed a new clutch at 36k its now on 62k so have no doubt a new clutch will be needed soonish. As far as warranty goes, the dealer wont be able to tell you have a map via the HDS system. However if your claiming under warranty they will test drive the car and the "power up" solution (what Honda call it) will be very evident.

#18 ·
Buttonmoon, its all done and i am a 110% satisfied customer!

Engine is quieter, smoother and pulls hard!

From when i first picked it up i noticed it and then after the 300miles drive home its settled in and feels even better!

If there is a meet in the near future feel free to take it for a spin, otherwise we can sort something else out.

Do it!

#19 ·
Brilliant, :popcorn2:

So can you notice much change in torque?
Certainly be good to meet up some point if your up for it.... I live in Hove (opposite the town hall).
I suggested going down to Cornwall (for a long weekend) to the lady in charge, she really liked the idea so i might just have to drop into conversation that we go via celtic ;)

Like the sound of quiter and smoother too!!

Cheers John.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.