2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon people,

I'm looking at buying a milltek non res this weekend as I've been offered one slightly cheaper than the RRP, but never heard one sept on videos and they do them no justice at all, can someone tell me if they are loud raspy etc

Thanks ashley1992

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what mine will be fitted too, will you let me know bud :)

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
I've got one attached to a tegiwa manifold. I'm gonna get a video up soon of what it's like.

It's incredibly good btw ;)

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Let me know when you upload the vid

·
Premium Member
1,211 Posts
General opinion based on my research was that it's definitely louder than stock, especially under load in VTEC. However during normal sub-VTEC use, it's not particularly loud. Not raspy, fairly bassy, sounds classy rather than chavvy, and it's OEM fitment so doesn't look out of place.

Note that all of this is on a standard manifold - an uprated mani will result in a much louder exhaust.

Additional plus point - it removes that stupid midpipe silencer from the OEM exhaust, which increases ground clearance quite a bit.

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't want chavvy haha, I live in a quiet street and oem exhaust on cold is cold enough there so didn't want to go extreme! Plus I need ground clearance because I'm on Eibach 30mm and don't like speed bumps haha

·
Premium Member
1,211 Posts
It is apparently fairly noisy when starting from cold. Quietens down a bit as the engine warms up. All to do with idling speed.

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sod the neighbors they can cope with the noise! Someone near me has a martilus and it's stupidly loud!

·
Premium Member
2,501 Posts
If you wan't to stay with your decision don't listen to Milltek ;)
It so good, classy and beautifully designed by someone knowing what hot hatch should sound like, that you might just get more confused :p
Here is a quote from someone trying to decide between the Martellius, decatted Tegiwa and Milltek :p

I have it and couldn't agree more, I love the sound of it and doesn't drone on long drives. You wont regret it if you buy it :D

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i drive a lot on motorways and didn't want the drone but wanted noise when I vtec it but nothing stupidity loud

·
Premium Member
2,501 Posts
On long drives you are aware that it is there but nothing that will drive you crazy.

When you start climbing the revs it sounds great, not crazy loud like martellius

·
Registered
698 Posts
+1i love my miltek sounds awesome :)

Sent from my HUAWEI GRA-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cheers guys, sounds like I made a wise choice!

Reactions: kennyb

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
I did 60,000 miles in two years in my old one with a miltek lot of motor way miles and it wasn't bad. yeah louder than stock but not to the point it would drive you mad an they don't drone when cruising. Also I used to love as you just get over 3000rmp it barked as it started to sound deeper an then sounded even better when the vtec came on defo recommend the miltek ;)

·
Premium Member
1,211 Posts
Mine is getting installed as I type - the garage is having a bit of a bad time trying to get the sections to slide together though! Judicious application of heat and a rubber mallet required. Shouldn't be too long now though, and I'll pop up my impressions later on.

·
Premium Member
2,501 Posts
Mine is getting installed as I type - the garage is having a bit of a bad time trying to get the sections to slide together though! Judicious application of heat and a rubber mallet required. Shouldn't be too long now though, and I'll pop up my impressions later on.
When you picking it up?:p

·
Premium Member
1,211 Posts
I'm waiting in the garage right now :) centre section is on after some effort, rear box and tailpipes going in shortly I think.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts