2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right forum, but I'm looking for someone who could possibly fit me an xcarlink around the Mansfield area? I basically live at Junction 28 on the M1 so I'm fairly central, willing to travel a fair distance too.

Name your price, I'd really love to avoid going to Honda on this one. :)

P.S. I'd love not to go near the insides of my car, I'm nowhere near competent enough.

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Couple hundred miles? I mean if I had it done then it only takes a few hours so I could drive wherever and drive home the same day.

Doesn't take that long to get anywhere these days

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
Just follow the guide on here. I know you said you don't want to go near the interior, but it is a very simple job. The guide shows everything step by step. Even taking your time you will have it done in 2.5 hours :)

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
Just follow the guide on here. I know you said you don't want to go near the interior, but it is a very simple job. The guide shows everything step by step. Even taking your time you will have it done in 2.5 hours :)
+1 to that. It's not really worth paying a fortune to get someone else to do it for you. I'll do it for free (with your help) if your ever over Manchester way.

Just be careful with the trim and it's a breeze! :)

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Once you have the centre console off, you'll be flushed with confidence. :)

You can actually get away with not removing the top part of the dash (which can be the worst bit) If you do a search there is post from myself and someone else that did it this way.

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
Thanks for the advice, might get a friend to help me out when it comes round to it. It's quite unnerving though :p
Take Jonnyrocket's offer ! - he's just a "whore" - can bought with Beer :p ...

I'm like you - no way would I ever consider opening the dash \ console up ! ...

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
Take Jonnyrocket's offer ! - he's just a "whore" - can bought with Beer :p ...

I'm like you - no way would I ever consider opening the dash \ console up ! ...
Haha, I'm actually cheaper than a whore but just as good ;)

Preparation is the main thing, get your tools and a magnetic tray for all the screws. Benefit is you can lay the screws in the dish in the position you took them out and they won't move.

Crowmar's advice it to use trim removal tools which is ideal to avoid scratching panels.

And whoever wrote the how-to did a great job! Print it off in case you get stuck.

I found the civic trim to be quite hard wearing and it all went back in as if it has never been touched.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
If you are careful, it doesn't harm. In fact, I actually improved mine, as when I took the centre console off it was completely loose and unbolted (probably forgotten when the handbrake recall was done).

·
Premium Member
464 Posts
I did mine yesterday with some help from daughters b/f. The hardest part was putting the bit that goes over the handbrake back together it took us aroudn 3 hours as we made the mistake of tying cable to the cables with cable tiers and the console wouldn't fit back

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
Is this the wire that plugs in underneath the handbrake console, for iPhones to be pluggged on?? If so I can have the dash out around the gear/handbrake in around 20 minutes????

I'm at j37 m1??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
Can some please confirm my above thread,, then I can try Arange for fitting with fearless,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It needs to go into the back of the head unit. A bit more effort than 20 minutes, but not much. I successfully removed my iPod kit today in under an hour, no damage and no lost screws.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.