2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
typically the first time i have ever bothered with winter tyres we have seen only a handful of days under 9 degrees and a few hours of snow.... im keen to get my lovely rotas back on and have been considering going for it :eek:

anyone have an opinion? i heard there is some arctic weather sitting waiting for a go at us but its been predicted for some time now without appearing!

of course we all know that the day i take them off we will have 6ft of snow so what would you do?

·
Civinfo Wind Up Merchant
2,472 Posts
I never had any mate :p

·
Race Taxi Pilot
1,558 Posts
Put your alloys back on and it is bound to snow. :rolleyes:

They are made for temps below 7 degrees, regardless if it snows or not.

Mine will stay on until the end of March, earliest.

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
Its the first year I was actually thinking about buying some winter tyres but never got around to it. Quite happy I didnt too. Get them off mate, If it starts to snow it will takes a while to settle. Pop home and put the winter wheels back on.

Im still running AD08's through this winter :worms:

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
I've had mine off 3 weeks now, had a little snow up Consett but nowt major.
My prediction is mid feb for snow, only a half hour job to switch them back

·
無限 Unlimited
3,740 Posts
still got mine on, only had them on a couple months and they're bloomin' almost bald :(
...might just keep 'em on till they completely go end of Feb in case this blizzard materialises.

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
My dad has fitted them to his 3 series this year and mum and I haven't stopped taking the mick. He reckons they work better on the greasy roads not just very cold ones.

Take them off Lee and then I will be able to take the kids sledging when it gets snowy

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
I'm planning on swapping mine back to summer tyres middle/end of March. It's been below 7 degrees quite consistently through December & January up here, but I wish we could get even a little bit of snow so I could try the winters out properly. :(

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
winter tyres ............. what do they do *****

Take em off Take em off Take em Off

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Its the first year I was actually thinking about buying some winter tyres but never got around to it. Quite happy I didnt too.
+1

·
Premium Member
1,850 Posts
Got all excited when it started snowing yesterday, but by the time I left work, there was nowt on the roads... Think I might leave them on till mid-March, give me time to get the GPs refurbished properly.

Still feels like a bit of a waste of money buying a set of winter tyres though; spent a lot of nights sleeping on a theater trolley last winter, just in case I couldn't make it home or back to work when I was on call.

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
I would leave them on till about mid feb. Temp on south coast last night was at 1degree c then warmed up to about 5degree c by 6am. If it that cold on the coast what it like inland. Plus think ment to be a cold snap and snow start feb according to my work wearther forcast.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.