2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
King of the rodeo
4,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

Being only 21 tender years in age my insurance company doesn't view my 2.2 I-CDTI in very good light being classed in group 11. My new quote leaves little change from £1900, the car repayments aren't cheap either but I'm prepared to stick them for the love of my car. At the minute it seems I'm going to work just to allow me to drive my civic. If anyone could direct me to some reasonable insurers who could offer me a slightly better deal it would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
421 Posts
you cant expect ANY insurance company to view you the same as anyone else, EVERY single person gets different insurance quotes based on the details given by them, insurance is based on everything, from age through to colour of car, so for example, if more silver cars of your type have been stolen than black ones then that can make difference.
best thing to do is ring around/get a quote online for as many companies as poss as there could be a huge difference in what you get quoted as what someone else does. :)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Insurance

Hi Czechplastik go to monysupermarket.com You will get a lot of ouotes of them. Hope you find something cheaper.:D

·
Registered
230 Posts
try elephant.co.uk, norwich union direct, or tesco insurance. very good for young drivers.

·
Registered
68 Posts
If you can't afford to pay it in one lump then Virgin are good because they don't charge you interest over the 12 months. Can make a quote quite a lot cheaper doing it with them

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Hey,

Being only 21 tender years in age my insurance company doesn't view my 2.2 I-CDTI in very good light being classed in group 11. My new quote leaves little change from £1900, the car repayments aren't cheap either but I'm prepared to stick them for the love of my car. At the minute it seems I'm going to work just to allow me to drive my civic. If anyone could direct me to some reasonable insurers who could offer me a slightly better deal it would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
hi czech, seen your photo mate, only 21 mate, thats a tough beat youre on...lol only joking....im with the nodding dog but there going this time..confused.com has come up with the best quote...i would have thought being in the force would have had its advantages with the insurance, they must know youre reputation[smilie=cheeky-grin:

·
King of the rodeo
4,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hi czech, seen your photo mate, only 21 mate, thats a tough beat youre on...lol only joking....im with the nodding dog but there going this time..confused.com has come up with the best quote...i would have thought being in the force would have had its advantages with the insurance, they must know youre reputation[smilie=cheeky-grin:[/quote]

It always precedes me! It's actually gone down recently by virtue of advanced and pursuit courses so not so bad anymore! Thanks for the tips though, I'll have a look anyway!

·
Registered
197 Posts
The only 2 companies which work well for me are the Admiral Group (Admiral, Bell, Elephant etc) and The Post Office due to having points from 4 years ago.

I think your location is the problem for insurance. :(

·
Registered
197 Posts
Some tips for you:
1. Find the 2 best quotes you can manage, say they are £900 and £1000.
2. Phone the £1000 and ask them to beat the price of the other quote.
3. Phone the £900 and get them to beat the revised quote.

Repeat steps 2 and 3 until the price won't go any lower. You can even do this against one company... just make up details of another quote and get them to lower the quote. I've done this sucessfully a few times in the past. :)

·
Registered
197 Posts
Copied from a post on another forum:

Insurance Information by Area. Are you in a low or high risk zone?

This is a CAR (not bike/van/house) chart.

Key to these codes is as shown below, and yes – it is a little weird but I assure you it’s accurate:-

7 IS THE LOWEST AREA, Q THE HIGHEST. TO GIVE YOU A BETTER IDEA OF HOW THIS AFFECTS PREMIUMS - A £500 PREMIUM IN AREA 7 WOULD BE £1100 IN Q.

1a
1b
2a
2b
3a
3b
4a
4b
5a
5b
6a
6b
P
Q.

Where do you fit into this? I'm an AB53 type of guy, which puts me nicely in the lowest risk group.

·
Registered
25 Posts
insurance

me been the tender age of 35:rolleyes: driving with the horrible disadvantge of having 9 points for speeding offences, i was shocked to get a quote of £562 from swintons, i was paying £523 for me old skool 306 d turbo

1 - 20 of 34 Posts