2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
I vtec'ed your mum!
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where the Oil Filter is located on the FN2? Is it easy to get to? All I need to do is mark it with a permanent marker (Long story) but want to make sure the dealer changes it.

Do I have to take anything off to get to it.... My car is pretty low, so can only jack it so far.... Cant be dealing with taking off the floor protector to get to it...??

Thanks in Advance, photo's would be amazing??

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
Does anyone know where the Oil Filter is located on the FN2? Is it easy to get to? All I need to do is mark it with a permanent marker (Long story) but want to make sure the dealer changes it.

Do I have to take anything off to get to it.... My car is pretty low, so can only jack it so far.... Cant be dealing with taking off the floor protector to get to it...??

Yes its here in my attached pic, its blue

In my pic my car is on a four post lift, engine tray is off and front subframe is off (You dont need to take that off).

its below the exhaust section of the engine towards the drivers side

Attachments

Reactions: fonejacker

·
I vtec'ed your mum!
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes its here in my attached pic, its blue

In my pic my car is on a four post lift, engine cover is off and front subframe is off (You dont need to take that off).

its below the exhaust section of the engine towards the drivers side
Thanks Ash... any idea how easy the engine cover is to get off? Thought I'd have to take it off.... Here's to hoping its held on with Velcro.... :(

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
Thanks Ash... any idea how easy the engine cover is to get off? Thought I'd have to take it off.... Here's to hoping its held on with Velcro.... :(
engine tray is held on by clips trolly jack wont work i dont think. you could take the windscreen cowling off and reach down and mark the filter? put a pen on the end of a stick or something?

·
I vtec'ed your mum!
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
engine tray is held on by clips trolly jack wont work i dont think. you could take the windscreen cowling off and reach down and mark the filter? put a pen on the end of a stick or something?
Not a bad shout, but as long as that's possible.... hate taking the cowling off and the metal tray, its such a ball ache.

So your saying trolley jack wont cut it?? How comes?

·
I vtec'ed your mum!
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:bumpity:

·
everythings upsy daisy.
1,442 Posts

if your marking the oil filter to make sure the dealer changes it? why are you using that dealer??? :confused: :confused:

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
So your saying trolley jack wont cut it?? How comes?
Im just thinking about access and how far you can get the car up.

I imagine coming in from the top or underneath is equally painful

·
I vtec'ed your mum!
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hahahahaha!

·
I vtec'ed your mum!
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
if your marking the oil filter to make sure the dealer changes it? why are you using that dealer??? :confused: :confused:
As they've been told off by HONDA UK, so there doing it all for free... just making sure they dont stiff me.

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
As they've been told off by HONDA UK, so there doing it all for free... just making sure they dont stiff me.
Give tham a camera to prove they do it

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
Even clearer picture without my manifold

Attachments

·
I vtec'ed your mum!
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nice thought, although wanted to be a little more discreet then that.

:cool:

·
Premium Member
4,695 Posts
Do it from underneath on axle stands, not too difficult really.

Make sure you get all the 10mm bolts and plastic pop studs out before you yank the undertray off lol, there are two in each front wheel arch holding it on.

Take the O/S wheel off and you will be able to get into it from there. Would be a ball ache to do it from the top.

Ben

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
ben has beaten me to it

was about to say oli, just had my windscreen cowling off to replace plugs. you wont reach the filter from top go from the bottom

Reactions: fonejacker
1 - 19 of 19 Posts