2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I just bought a JPerformance exhaust from another member and can't for the life of me get the old bolts off the current exhaust. I have resigned myself to the fact that I need to get a garage to do this for me. Does anyone know of a place in the NW that will swap the exhaust for me without charging me a bleeding fortune? Have phoned a few local places but getting quotes of £60-£70 for swapping.

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will give them a call first thing! Thanks!

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers Tomo but I have given up! Just want it done as the excitement is taking over. Just looking for a place to do it now!! ;-)

·
Premium Member
6,706 Posts
If you fancy a drive and need it done sharpish, George Street Garage in Chorley are good.

They spent an hour grinding the bolt holes on my old Spoon B-pipe to get it to fit the UK cat (pain in the butt job) on my EP3. Only charged me £30 for cash.

They like cash. :worms:

Owner has two (yes I know) Focus RSs, he got them when he sold his R35 GTR. He's a proper car nut.

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Exactly what I wanted to hear!! Thanks! I'm in Standish so only 10 mins from Chorley. I'll give them a call first thing!! They sound like the kind of guys I was looking for!

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
In fact, think I'll just head up there in the morning and see what they can do!

·
Premium Member
6,706 Posts

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They'll probably fit you in to be fair.

george street, chorley - Google Maps
Well, I went there for 9am this morning and we agreed on £50 cash for the work being done this afternoon! Took the CTR in at 2pm and now have it fitted! The exhaust sounds SENSATIONAL!!!! REALLY pleased with it!!

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Taken the CTR out for a spin tonight to grin and there is a little rattle somewhere down under?? Was really noticeable when idle at a junction then didn't hear it again. Just hope this isn't going to do my head in!

·
Premium Member
6,706 Posts
Taken the CTR out for a spin tonight to grin and there is a little rattle somewhere down under?? Was really noticeable when idle at a junction then didn't hear it again. Just hope this isn't going to do my head in!
Might be just bedding in. Thing is with performance exhausts it that the pipe diameters are larger, so the clearances to heatshields and the underside of the car are reduced.

If it starts doing it more often take it back and ask them to check the fitment. It could be something as simple as a bracket has got ever so slightly bent in transit and therefore an easy fix! :lol:

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I can see where the problem is, both tailpipe are touching the triangle area just as the both enter. Looks like I'll just need to try and adjust it so that both tailpipes enter the triangular area in the middle and not touching. Sounds easy ;-)

·
Premium Member
6,706 Posts
Sounds easy ;-)
:worms:

:lol:

I don't know the ins and outs of your exhaust but on mine you would adjust this where the rear pipes clamp onto the back box, loosening the fastenings and rotating the pipes. As they are still held on by the hanger, this would alter the angle that they point in.

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That makes sense!! Thanks!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts