2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
MY22 Jazz EX Hybrid
21,947 Posts
1) The voice control mic and ultrasonic detector.

2) Interior temperature sensor for aircon.

·
Registered
2010 Milano Red FN2 Type R GT
34 Posts
What is ultrasonic detector? Is it something every car has?
Not every car, but most modern ones. Its a sensor used by your alarm system to detect a change in the cabin space. Either movement or displacement (someone putting their arm inside the car for example). I think your car has a button that looks like a roof mounted WiFi with the word "off" under it. This is so you can turn off the ultrasonic sensor and then lock the car, this is useful if you have to leave your dog or kids inside it while you lock the car (eg. Paying for fuel at the kiosk).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not every car, but most modern ones. Its a sensor used by your alarm system to detect a change in the cabin space. Either movement or displacement (someone putting their arm inside the car for example). I think your car has a button that looks like a roof mounted WiFi with the word "off" under it. This is so you can turn off the ultrasonic sensor and then lock the car, this is useful if you have to leave your dog or kids inside it while you lock the car (eg. Paying for fuel at the kiosk).
Thanks for the info. My car only has 2 buttons under the steering wheel, the Stability control thingy and headlight adjuster.

·
Registered
2010 Milano Red FN2 Type R GT
34 Posts
Ah ok, I guess not all have it fitted, but yes that's where it would be.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I think ultrasonics are only on SR and above specs, my SE + Nav doesn't have it, which means the alarm doesn't go off when the dash cam falls off the screen.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts