2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving behind a red type R the other week in street near glastonbury with the civinfo sticker on.... Can you identify yourself? haha!

·
Premium Member
648 Posts
I was driving behind a red type R the other week in street near glastonbury with the civinfo sticker on.... Can you identify yourself? haha!
Not me either, see car specs.
Mercifull has a Vivid Blue, Wavepower has/d(?) a Galaxy Grey, other Somerseters um.....appers's is blueish silver (why do I think that?)
lasiodora's is/was alabster

Can't recall any more.

·
Premium Member
648 Posts
shall we have a somerset/south west meet some time in the summer?
Good idea, I'd like to do that.
Would however Autumn be better when everyone(?) is more likely to have a Saturday or Sunday spare?
With working alternate Saturdays (and Sundays if required) and going on hols 19.8 to 2.9, Summer is virtually gone.
Timings comments from others might not agree, but in theory I'm UP for a meet.:D

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
Somerset ? - surely you mean "Zummerzett" :p ...

God, I'd kill for a Pint of real Cider, right about now !!! ...

·
Premium Member
648 Posts
Somerset ? - surely you mean "Zummerzett" :p ...

God, I'd kill for a Pint of real Cider, right about now !!! ...
I think I might (yes, oi moite) stroll 5 mins. down to the "Lamb (Laam) and Fountain" this evening for one or two pints (points) of dry (droi). The trouble with cider (zoiderr), is, of course (carse), that the first sip (zip) of the next glass (glaas), is always, the best...............zzzzzzzzzz

This is where JDR, being a Scot and living even further North, and therefore coloured blue, turns green.[smilie=geesturbed.:

·
9,228 Posts
I think I might (yes, oi moite) stroll 5 mins. down to the "Lamb (Laam) and Fountain" this evening for one or two pints (points) of dry (droi). The trouble with cider (zoiderr), is, of course (carse), that the first sip (zip) of the next glass (glaas), is always, the best...............zzzzzzzzzz

This is where JDR, being a Scot and living even further North, and therefore coloured blue, turns green.[smilie=geesturbed.:[/quote]

Bugger - you couldn't email me a pint or five, could you ? …

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
Just to upset you JDR, I am at this very moment knocking back a pint of " Uncle Jacks" Devon scrumpy cider, which is made at the farm not 2 miles from me.
They drop 5 litres off to me, when they are passing in the tractor.:)

·
9,228 Posts
The etherial liquid wouldn't fit down the ethernet cable. Maybe I couldn't pour steadily enough.:D
Just to upset you JDR, I am at this very moment knocking back a pint of " Uncle Jacks" Devon scrumpy cider, which is made at the farm not 2 miles from me. They drop 5 litres off to me, when they are passing in the tractor.:)
Guys, that's just NOT nice ! - here I am, gasping for a few pints of the "real stuff", and you are 'rubbing it in' !!! ...

·
Now less often on the M5
20 Posts
Jumping in a bit late here I know but I'm in Somerset and think the idea of an Autumn meet is great.

I've been in southern Somerset for years, and just moved to Weston-super-Mare (or should I say mud!) and yet to see another stickered car anywhere!

Having lived very near the Sheppy's cider farm for so long I'm also partial to the odd pint of Cider!

·
Premium Member
648 Posts
Jumping in a bit late here I know but I'm in Somerset and think the idea of an Autumn meet is great.

I've been in southern Somerset for years, and just moved to Weston-super-Mare (or should I say mud!) and yet to see another stickered car anywhere!

Having lived very near the Sheppy's cider farm for so long I'm also partial to the odd pint of Cider!
How do? I was in W-S-M yesterday, but concentrating on what I was doing, didn't look at Civics, the Howards place looks impressive though.

Also been to Dowlish Wake earlier this year - interesting, especially when you get home with the product - just to wind up Derek some more. I see Jack has done that even on another thread!

Let's see what feefeelong thinks about dates and location, or anyone else for that matter??

·
9,228 Posts
How do? I was in W-S-M yesterday, but concentrating on what I was doing, didn't look at Civics, the Howards place looks impressive though.

Also been to Dowlish Wayke earlier this year - interesting, especially when you get home with the product - just to wind up Derek some more. I see Jack has done that even on another thread!

Let's see what feefeelong thinks about dates and location, or anyone else for that matter??

Arrggghhh - MUST have real cider ! - send now !!! :facepalm: ...

·
Premium Member
648 Posts
I'm just off junction 7 of the M5 so would consider coming to a meet if its not too far south of Bristol and easily accessible from the M5.

btw i live in REAL cider country ;)
Before anyone else chips in about regional differences in quality ...................imho (yay, I've used an acronym! well, I think it's an acronym) Rich's is one of the best local ciders. Their place is just off the M5 Junc. 22, see location in website, Andrea! It will take Derek a bit longer.

Richs Farmhouse Cider As far as I recall, the car park is a reasonable size. Seriously, 6.0% is a bit much for much of a sup beyond a half pint each, but bring a plastic container, or buy one there and you can mix 1/3 sweet to 2/3 dry is what we get.

Opinions?

·
Innuendo Queen
1,706 Posts
I could easily time this to coincide with a visit to me mutheerrr's in Gloucester... (Glooorrsteerrrrr)

·
CS1.6 Pro
1,601 Posts
i visit my gf in yeovil all the time and never see any civinfo stickers but loaadsssss of fn2's! wave to me ;)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts