2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
LOUD NOISES!!!
5,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

Has anyone removed the type r gear knob? ...... the reason I ask, is that just part chopped my type s for a type r. In the type s I replaced the big plastic gear knob with a Skunk2 billet gear knob, I've took this out the 's' and would like to see what it looks like fitted in the 'r'. The gear knob in the 's' just simply unscrewed, in the type r it doesn't appear to want to unscrew ..... I don't want to force it in case I'm doing it wrong ..... has anyone removed one and was it simple unscrewed?? Do I need to apply brute force?

Thanks in advance,

Paul.

·
Premium Member
1,849 Posts
Having the same issues as well, though i recall EvoStu on CTRO saying you need to grip the nut within the gaitor and then unscrew. Nonetheless, don't want to cause irrepairable damage to my wee monster...anyone tried this yet?

·
ON A STEEL WOK I FRY
2,460 Posts
beneath the gearknob is black ring, turn this clockwise whilst turning the gearknob anticlockwise.

It does need a bit of pressure but you should manage it in the end.

·
My other woman is my CTR
1,505 Posts
"Modding" already!

Still jealous!

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
GM, Kimo is correct you need to unscrew the locking collet and then you can remove the gearknob.

When I removed mine I wrapped lots of insulation tape around the collet before I gripped it with pliers/grips. That way you will not mark it.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I just blocked with one hand the black thing and unscrew with the other one the knob. I think you should go more often to the gym...

·
LOUD NOISES!!!
5,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've got the same knob. It looks sick and it's not as hot as the Oem one in summer.

Congrats!!!
Cheers, I'm well pleased with it.

I had this in my type S but in the type R it matches the surround colour almost perfectly and its weightier than the standard one which I personally like as well.

·
LOUD NOISES!!!
5,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I like it Paul i want one NOWWWWWWWW where did you get it from
lol, the missus got it for me as a birthday pressie ..... so not a 100% where she ordered it from but on the box it says JDM performance and WWW.JDMPERFORMANCE.CO.UK so you could try that for starters ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts