2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being in the construction game, I am bombarded with product companies attempting to get me to specify the stuff.
As we all know, since the advent of water based paint to save the planet, the quality of all paint has gone downhill.
Emulsion paint for home use just doesn't stand up anymore for the normal family with kids.
Try washing off a mark and the paint will come off with the sponge, often even when a silk finish is used and it shows up like a sore thumb.
Well --- now at last, Crown Paints have come out with a Matt finish, that can be really scrubbed until the cows come home and will not show when dry.

Crown Clean Extreme Matt.
You won't find it in DIY centres, but in a for the Trade Paint Centre.
Maybe of use to someone. ;)

·
everythings upsy daisy.
1,442 Posts
Being in the construction game, I am bombarded with product companies attempting to get me to specify the stuff.
As we all know, since the advent of water based paint to save the planet, the quality of all paint has gone downhill.
Emulsion paint for home use just doesn't stand up anymore for the normal family with kids.
Try washing off a mark and the paint will come off with the sponge, often even when a silk finish is used and it shows up like a sore thumb.
Well --- now at last, Crown Paints have come out with a Matt finish, that can be really scrubbed until the cows come home and will not show when dry.

Crown Clean Extreme Matt.
You won't find it in DIY centres, but in a for the Trade Paint Centre.
Maybe of use to someone. ;)

Nice one , with two kids and a house completley white top to bottom this sounds like an option for me cheers

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's not cheap harhay, as Crown have put a lot of work into it, yet remain within the Save The World Thing.

·
everythings upsy daisy.
1,442 Posts
It's not cheap harhay, as Crown have put a lot of work into it, yet remain within the Save The World Thing.
wife says i sell the fn2 to pay for the paint!! as the house is more important ha ha !!

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They are sending me 5 litres to test out and give them my report.
I'll get the guys to use it on one of my sites and mark, spill and splash it, with every substance known to man, including their greasy bacon sandwiches.;)

·
everythings upsy daisy.
1,442 Posts
They are sending me 5 litres to test out and give them my report.
I'll get the guys to use it on one of my sites and mark, spill and splash it, with every substance known to man, including their greasy bacon sandwiches.;)
Look to save you any hassel send them to my house and get them to paint it and I can give it a propper test having 2 kids!!! plus I get to keep the FN2 so were both happy lol ;)

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gloucester - not too far from "Inbredinthemoor", but would your wife give them bed and breakfast - bacon sandwiches etc.;)
As the buck always stops with me, I shall do a thorough testing first and let you know.

·
everythings upsy daisy.
1,442 Posts
Gloucester - not too far from "Inbredinthemoor", but would your wife give them bed and breakfast - bacon sandwiches etc.;)
As the buck always stops with me, I shall do a thorough testing first and let you know.

cool lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts