2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
My mate has one on his 911 that spend 95% of its life in the garage, seems to work ok and means he can take it out whenever (not to often though)

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
i used one on my astra last year after having battery issues...
worked fine for me...

·
Premium Member
512 Posts
I dont think it would work up here have'nt seen sun for months, now if it was powered by rain ..... would cook the battery

·
Super Moderator
21,035 Posts
I thought that, must have a window somewhere.

Wouldn't work for me as mine is totally enclosed.

·
Premium Member
15,644 Posts
Better to get a plug in version then...Very little current consumption and surely better for a car kept indoors

·
DervDemon
204 Posts
Yup plug in trickle charger would be better I think - my old man uses one on his Focus RS Sunday car & has always used it on his kit cars etc

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
How does a solar charger work in his garage???
You don't need sun these days just light. Panels are far more efficient. In fact many panels become less efficient if they got hot in direct sun. Best conditions are bright light.

·
Super Moderator
21,035 Posts
Better to get a plug in version then...Very little current consumption and surely better for a car kept indoors
Only if the garage has power. Presumably why these solar ones were developed.

Which, thinking about it, why don't car manufacturers develop a permanent battery charge solar solution to help those standing for long lengths ..............

Can I patent it ? :D

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
Which, thinking about it, why don't car manufacturers develop a permanent battery charge solar solution to help those standing for long lengths
The Nissan Leaf has that as an option, although not with the focus on long length standing obviously.

For anyone looking for a plug-in trickle charger I can really recommend the C-tek range.

·
Premium Member
464 Posts
Thats what I would get a c-tek charger if it was standing for long periods or had lots of short runs. They are expensive for a charger but I believe you can charge through cigarette lighter on some models

·
DervDemon
204 Posts
So he can afford a 911 but can't afford an extension lead? :D

Its in a garage block away from the house, the charger is attached to the door then a cable to the battery

·
Banned
1,929 Posts
The Nissan Leaf has that as an option, although not with the focus on long length standing obviously.

For anyone looking for a plug-in trickle charger I can really recommend the C-tek range.
I've been seeing these everywhere lately. Nearly every motorshop seem to have them on display by the tills.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts