2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mate just told me about this website tonight...
http://www.blackcircles.com/

50 pounds per tyre cheaper for his Mercedes, that price includes finding one of their "local" garages where you make an appointment to go and get the new tyres fitted once they are delivered there.

He'll let me know how it goes when the tyres arrive and he goes for his appointment :)

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
I used a local one called etyres - top service and much cheaper than BAM stores.

·
Explosive Mind Unleashed
549 Posts
I have a local guy that just can't be beaten on any tyre I've gone to him with. My old Pug had Pirelli P Zero Rossos 17, I used to get quote from anything up to £250 per tyre, £170 from Kiwk Fit but he was £100 each inc balance valves, VAT etc. I'm sure he will be the best for these too :)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Kpow99 said:
I have a local guy that just can't be beaten on any tyre I've gone to him with. My old Pug had Pirelli P Zero Rossos 17, I used to get quote from anything up to £250 per tyre, £170 from Kiwk Fit but he was £100 each inc balance valves, VAT etc. I'm sure he will be the best for these too :)
I always thought that the same tyres that you can fit on Ferraris was an odd choice for a frumpy looking medium sized hatchback. The P Zeros on my 307 didn't last all that long either which is why I swapped them for P6000s when I got the chance.

·
Explosive Mind Unleashed
549 Posts
StGeli said:
Kpow99 said:
I always thought that the same tyres that you can fit on Ferraris was an odd choice for a frumpy looking medium sized hatchback. The P Zeros on my 307 didn't last all that long either which is why I swapped them for P6000s when I got the chance.
I know, when I first asked around everyone asked if it was for a Porker, used to get about 10-12k miles, I wonder how long these will last.

307 D Turbo had the max speed rated tyres you could get in that range fitted as standard?!?!?!

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
My Audi (A4 Q Sport) had Michelins on, and after reading a lot of tests changed them for Goodyear Eagle GSD3's. Totally transformed the car, and cured it of the "falling down the camber" problem on the motorway (pulling left) which my Civ suffers from a little bit.

So as soon as the MPS's wear out I'll put them on.
http://www.etyres.co.uk/car-tyres-uk/detail?productId=2664

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Pottsy said:
My Audi (A4 Q Sport) had Michelins on, and after reading a lot of tests changed them for Goodyear Eagle GSD3's. Totally transformed the car, and cured it of the "falling down the camber" problem on the motorway (pulling left) which my Civ suffers from a little bit.

So as soon as the MPS's wear out I'll put them on.
http://www.etyres.co.uk/car-tyres-uk/detail?productId=2664
How long do you think it would take to wear the MPS?

·
Explosive Mind Unleashed
549 Posts
basegreen said:
How long do you think it would take to wear the MPS?
If your name was.....say....Duncan then about 10 years, or shall we start a new topic on "how long do you think?"

My driving style, which is quite unforgiving, I would hope for 12-15k miles.

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts
Tyres last twice as long up here. Since we use two sets - one in the summer and another during the winter. Winter tyres usually don't last as long since you have to have them on from November 'til March even if there's no snow or ice.

·
Enthusiastic Supporter
627 Posts
Always check out mail order prices.

Full set for my Alahambra were coming in at over £700 :mad: (Michelins) from the local dealer (only asked out of couriosity). I knew I could get Dunlops only 10 miles away for ~ £480 (cheapest dealer I did manage was £200 for 2 but he was 160 miles away)

Mail order £70 a corner :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
- AND ALL FOR THE SAME TYRES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Paid a local dealer £20 to fit them (not the £700 dealer!) ;)

Following year I couldnt get the same discount but found that if I fitted bigger diameter wheels - 17" instead of 16" - I could fit a different spec tyre = > cheaper (not reinforced) [Diff Spec NOT lower quality/grip etc)

Always shop around!

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
So did you actually change the wheels in order to buy cheaper tyres?

·
Enthusiastic Supporter
627 Posts
Yes - for the SEAT Bus.

I ended up fitting Kuhmo Ecsta Sports Tyres and 17" Team Dynamics Speed 10 Wheels (very nice) all for just over £600 (mmm . . . . lot less than the set of 18" Storms and I have a spare set of wheels!!!!). There were some very nice wheels I preferred but they weren't in stock at the time.

The Kuhmos were far better than what I was led to believe. Both grip/noise and life were superior to the Dunlop/Michelins.

http://www.rimstock.co.uk - for wheels. (Unfortunately their vehicle/wheel selector doesnt appear to be working at the moment)

·
Premium Member
1,615 Posts
Cheap tryes pottsy good find how much should the tyres for the civic be if u put the same as factory on ?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts