2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've tried it today and disappointed with it only get about 4or 5 channels even when select all English content . How do u set it up to be any good or is this it ? Even tried getting smart phone app to try setup more channels for the car but not found much am I messing something ?I thought dab was bad but this is using my data and little use .

·
Registered
67 Posts
I've tried it today and disappointed with it only get about 4or 5 channels even when select all English content . How do u set it up to be any good or is this it ? Even tried getting smart phone app to try setup more channels for the car but not found much am I messing something ?I thought dab was bad but this is using my data and little use .
There are literally tens of thousands of channels, that's what makes it hard to find the good ones. I am usually listening to Live365 channels through Aha, they are good. Also there are TED talks.
Visit aharadio.com, maybe search is more straightforward there. You can add channels to your radio via the website.

·
Premium Member
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks it's a bit hard to find channels on aha when you find the add channel opinion it's Easyer but like you say it's hard to find good content you spend ages looking thought 100s of groups but I mite just listen the to them on my phone as spent 20 to 30 mins used about 50 meg of data.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Thanks it's a bit hard to find channels on aha when you find the add channel opinion it's Easyer but like you say it's hard to find good content you spend ages looking thought 100s of groups but I mite just listen the to them on my phone as spent 20 to 30 mins used about 50 meg of data.
Go to "Aha and Partner stations", you will have a much better chance finding something good there.

·
Premium Member
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok thanks found that out got a few selected see how it goes . Bit bothered about how much data is uses is it all used at the start of the podcast or does it download bit at a time? I've seen about 50 meg used just trials of stations when didn't have much setup now got stations with 40 to 50 mins podcasts be interested to see how much that uses.

·
Registered
870 Posts
There are basically 3 types of Aha station and these are handled slightly differantly regarding download / playback options.

1. Live streamed radio.
2. Pre Recorded - streamed Jukebox style music
3. Podcast / Audiobook.

The different types of station playback options means, for example live streaming, can only be stopped and started as it is downloaded as a live stream, whereas jukebox style streaming can be fast forwarded as it a pre recorded stream and podcast/audiobook can be both fast forwarded/backwards as it is downloaded as a whole.

This can be seem during playback by what option you have at the bottom of the playback screen.

·
Premium Member
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There are basically 3 types of Aha station and these are handled slightly differantly regarding download / playback options.

1. Live streamed radio.
2. Pre Recorded - streamed Jukebox style music
3. Podcast / Audiobook.

The different types of station playback options means, for example live streaming, can only be stopped and started as it is downloaded as a live stream, whereas jukebox style streaming can be fast forwarded as it a pre recorded stream and podcast/audiobook can be both fast forwarded/backwards as it is downloaded as a whole.

This can be seem during playback by what option you have at the bottom of the playback screen.
Thanks steve that is abit clearer now

1 - 7 of 7 Posts