2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am getting a 2.2es on12th sep but i am so tempted by the ctr
is there any familys out there that can tell me how u get on with the kids in back ? do u wish u had a 5 door or do u just luv your ctr.. i got 2 kids and dont know how i would get on with a 3 door

·
Nobby
6 Posts
Hi Zepper, use mine as a taxi for my 16 yr old daughter and her mates, loads of room in the boot 4 sleepover gear .More space under the rear seats, got 2 remember just 2 rear seats so all her mates draw lots 4 the best drive home !! also memory seats are a laugh,always adjusting the seatback angle after the girls get in the car.

·
Sold a kidney last week!
3,962 Posts
whilst the ctr offers a vast amount of practicality, I'm not keen on taking the baby along with her seats, buggies and, dare I say it, her mother :p in my car.

That said, I took them (wife & 2 week old daughter) in the car and had no problems. With the various bags, and bits associated with a baby (buggy, car seat, changing bits n pieces etc.)

So yeah it's practical, fiddily to get in the back, namely with a car seat, but that said I usually take family in the 5 door Almera and it's no more easier to get the car seat in.

·
Sold a kidney last week!
3,962 Posts
wanted to add that the ctr's more 'my toy' hence why Im not keen on baby etc in my car... But that's not to say it can't perform the role of family friendly hatch, admirably. The only impractical side to it is probably the fuel consumption, but that'll be the performance aspect!

Go for it, if your happy with family in and out of it etc. I'm just pedantic.. So it's the 'all-action almera' for the family, unfair I know :D

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
I have 2 kids and grandson :)

no problems with the ctr :) its just a fast family car :VTECSMILEY:

·
Registered
698 Posts
I have 2 kids and grandson :)

no problems with the ctr :) its just a fast family car :VTECSMILEY:
your far too young to be a gradad lol[smilie=cheeky-grin::biggrin:

·
The White Knight
1,486 Posts
wow this thread makes me feel young with mine im only 21

Have found it very useful for gettings people in and out the back loads of boot space for camping gear which i carry alot

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have a 1 year and a 3 year along with the mrs and have no problems with it. Its very easy putting the car seats and children in due to the huge doors. The kids love the harsh suspension as it bounces them around but the mrs doesn't like it too much. The memory seat, or rather a lack of, is a pain though.

·
Geordies!!!!:-):-)
1,839 Posts
few thought only older people like 28 over drive fn2's
thats not true...im only just 26 and i have one.:)
i do have to say tho...if i had kids and more than one kid, a ctr wouldnt be the best thing to have.

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
i do have to say tho...if i had kids and more than one kid, a ctr wouldnt be the best thing to have.
Why would that be then?

We are a family of four and the CTR is very practical apart from, as someone has already mentioned, the fuel economy. :p

·
Registered
639 Posts
About 3 weeks after I received the car I started to put it on a crash diet, throwing out the rear seat, rear seat belts, speakers,etc.
So my car is no family vehicle anymore, in fact, I can not remember the rear seats ever been used. Up to this day they are stashed away in my garage.

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
My CTR is also family cat!!!.
I drive with full TODA exhaust and few monthly daughter without no problems
obviously i drive with her between 2000 and 3500 rpm.

·
Geordies!!!!:-):-)
1,839 Posts
Why would that be then?

We are a family of four and the CTR is very practical apart from, as someone has already mentioned, the fuel economy. :p
reason being is that its smaller and more compact than the five door plus the seats not having a memory bugs me now,let alone if i had kids going in and out of the back!!

·
Registered
288 Posts
I have a wife and a son....:)

Initially my wife complain about the difficulty of getting in and out of the Racing seat. After two months whe loved the support of the racing seat.

I have a child seat installed at the back of my driver seat and to put him on the seat I have to go through the passenger side to the back and buckle him on his child seat. Getting in and out of the backseat with my 10months son is not a hussel, pretty easy.

And my son will sleep everything we drove him on the CIVIC FN2 CTR

My family absolutely loved this CTR!!!

Next change in 3 years a GTR or even a porsche

;)

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
your far too young to be a gradad lol[smilie=cheeky-grin::biggrin:[/quote]

hi Kenny .. **** i wish i was . 2 girls 13/ 21 (today) and 7 week old grandson :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts