2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Coffee isnt my cup of tea
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title suggests, I am looking at getting a reverse camera and I'm not confident in fitting it so i'm looking for someone within a 2 hours radius roughly of Wisbech, Cambs, PE14 for me to come to you and you fit it. Also, if you could fit a mirror module whilst i'm there I would of course pay extra for this. I done this myself last time but didn't do a great job and im looking to keep this civic professionally done (so to speak).

I'll even bring your preferred beverage and snacks (home made if possible ;)) to keep you fuelled :D

·
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've never seen that before it looks good I gotta say but still needs a camera fitting surely?

Sent from HTC

·
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Based in Cambridge and could fit these both if you can't find someone closer.
Cambridge is great for me that's pretty close most members on here are miles from me haha just one thing I realised I didn't mention this is on the SDD sat nav is that ok?

Sent from HTC

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
Cambridge is great for me that's pretty close most members on here are miles from me haha just one thing I realised I didn't mention this is on the SDD sat nav is that ok?

Sent from HTC
That was my only concern - not sure what connections it has. I'll see what I can find out, I'm sure it must be possible.

·
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you were nearer I'd assist you as I've fitted both. I'm sure someone will be along to help though
Thanks Dogfish if only I didn't live in the middle of nowhere :/

That was my only concern - not sure what connections it has. I'll see what I can find out, I'm sure it must be possible.
A guy called Bog sells a connector for it on here im pretty sure this fits:

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/civinfo-traders/51028-video-cables-reversing-camera-etc.html

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
Thanks Dogfish if only I didn't live in the middle of nowhere :/

A guy called Bog sells a connector for it on here im pretty sure this fits:

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/civinfo-traders/51028-video-cables-reversing-camera-etc.html
I saw that too, wasn't sure if it worked on the SSD units.

Don't know the current price he charges, but you can get the parts for the cable at the cost of ~£3 (this actually includes 10 connectors...), shouldn't be an issue to make one.

Edit: Checked and it seems the cable does work for the SSD unit you have, can get the parts needed to make one for when you you visit.

·
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I saw that too, wasn't sure if it worked on the SSD units.

Don't know the current price he charges, but you can get the parts for the cable at the cost of ~£3 (this actually includes 10 connectors...), shouldn't be an issue to make one.

Edit: Checked and it seems the cable does work for the SSD unit you have, can get the parts needed to make one for when you you visit.
Well by the sounds of it you know much more about it than me so if you get all the bits you need and let me know how much it cost ya then i'll get the camera ordered and then we can discuss it further via pm if thats ok?

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
Well by the sounds of it you know much more about it than me so if you get all the bits you need and let me know how much it cost ya then i'll get the camera ordered and then we can discuss it further via pm if thats ok?
Sure no problem.

I actually have a spare reversing camera I could sell if you need one, I bought a different one as it wasn't the style I wanted. Has two LEDs which actually seem to have reasonable use in the dark given their brightness.

·
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hhmm I would be interested but do you know if its any good? Looks cool :D

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
Hhmm I would be interested but do you know if its any good? Looks cool :D
Yea I've tried it out, to be honest I was disappointed with my new camera as I paid a lot more for an apparently better sensor, but I cannot tell the difference in picture quality between the two :( So in other words, the quality is pretty good.

·
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Im not a boffin when it comes to HD etc so as long as I can see a post or a rock behind me im not too fussed

·
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thats alright then haha i'll PM you to arrange when your free ect

1 - 17 of 17 Posts