2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a facelift civic owner that is willing to take some measurements for me? My civic came without the following trim and I think these look great on the car.

I have bought the parts from cox but they came without a template. Cox thinks its because its not really supported as an add-on and is more of a replacement part. I want to install it as close to OEM as I can and I am wondering if someone can help me with the measurements.

If its possible please use a thread or string and just measure the length along the curves. that way I wont need to worry about the angles the measurement was taken at.

Thanks in advance :):):)

Measurement-1.jpeg

Measurement-2.jpeg

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
Top picture-- both measurements 190mm in a straight line edge to edge.
Bottom picture fiddly to measure but top measure as indicated 10 to 12 mm, bottom measure 13 mm.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Top picture-- both measurements 190mm in a straight line edge to edge.
Bottom picture fiddly to measure but top measure as indicated 10 to 12 mm, bottom measure 13 mm.
Thanks @bill ericay .. just to confirm mate. when you in a straight like is that from the left top edge of the side panel to the left top edge of the trim.. in a straight line..?

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
Yes, point to point as your diagram, but straight from panel gap to edge of trim.
Just popped out in the rain to check, and I think I can see your problem. Top picture, top measurement edge of panel to top left hand corner of moulding., but as bottom of that panel has a curve ,hook tape measure at bottom of that panel and measure across to edge of moulding is 190mm. (If you measure from bottom of moulding dead horizontal it hits the panel gap further up the curve at about 180mm. )

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, point to point as your diagram, but straight from panel gap to edge of trim.
Just popped out in the rain to check, and I think I can see your problem. Top picture, top measurement edge of panel to top left hand corner of moulding., but as bottom of that panel has a curve ,hook tape measure at bottom of that panel and measure across to edge of moulding is 190mm. (If you measure from bottom of moulding dead horizontal it hits the panel gap further up the curve at about 180mm. )
Really appreciate your help mate, specially if its raining.. but sorry I got a bit confused by your recent message.. are you saying I should measure like this and that you measurements were done as below? thanks
IMG_2026.jpeg

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
They say a picture is worth a thousand words !
Sorry for confusion, your new picture measurement to bottom of moulding is as you have shown.
Measurement to top edge of moulding is as shown in your original pics-- almost horizontal straight line from top of that panel to top edge of moulding.
If you 're still confused I will have to work out how to do a picture, but that part confuses me !

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi mate, sorry for not getting back to you earlier. had a few busy weeks and didn't get a chance to login here. I think I understand what you mean :) I will try and mark up the place on the car based on your measurements and my understanding.. if it doesnt look right then I will let you know. if that is the it might be easier to just record a video with you pointing the measurement points. I am sure that will resolve any confusion for me

by the way really appreciate your help with this :) (y) thanks alot

1 - 7 of 7 Posts