2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone has the factory fit heated seats, I would be really grateful for a photo of the connector which plugs into the switches. Trying to match up and see if I can find a connector to fit as I have the switches but not the wiring to fit them.

An idea of what they look like would be really appreciated.

·
Administrator
17,939 Posts
@Robbie, I can't find any pic's of the plugs :(

I reckon your best bet it to search eBay/etc for Civic's with the OEM heated/leather seat option (EX?) that are being parted out. Call/visit the breaker and get them to snip as much of this console harness out as they can. You may have to call around some of the ad's to confirm the spec if the car being broken down for spares.

Here's one, check the interior pic ;) https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BREAKING-HONDA-CIVIC-2006-2011-1-8-PETROL-SEMI-AUTO-SUPPLY-OF-ONE-WHEEL-NUT/153061941294

Ensure the seats are actually wired up tho as the donor car I sourced my leather interior from didn't have the heated seats wired up or any console wiring! So it the interior must have been retro fitted already :(

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Farqui.

I have already been messaging anyone selling seat switches or breaking a car with leather. So far they have all come back as negative and I have started to try and find the actual connector. It will be a generic type, but it's just finding the right one. Not giving up on eBay and I will see if I have already messaged the guy in your mind (not sure as I have messaged so many!). :smile3:

Many thanks for looking.

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I have managed to pick up some connectors.

I took a chance that the hybrid Civic had the same connectors as 8th Gen and indeed, they are the same (switches are a different design though). So for anyone else in the same position, the connectors from the hybrid do fit which enables you to widen the search.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I have a 2005 Civic, can anyone tell me where the main heated seat relay is located. I have 12volts at the combination switch but as soon as I turn either switch on the voltage dissapears. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Dennis

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There are 2 relays one for high, one for low. They are in the seat base and visible if you remove the seat bolts and tip the seat back.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts