2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm aware there are a number of owners running new models now, and I'm interested to hear if anyone has any faults to report.

I'm now intending to order an 11th Gen sport after owning two 10th Gen Sports and liking both of them, despite the usual air con and parking sensor issues (all rectified under warranty)

Any info would be much appreciated.

Premium Member
I'm aware there are a number of owners running new models now, and I'm interested to hear if anyone has any faults to report.

I'm now intending to order an 11th Gen sport after owning two 10th Gen Sports and liking both of them, despite the usual air con and parking sensor issues (all rectified under warranty)

Any info would be much appreciated.
I was thinking of asking this question too but you beat me to it馃槀
I did have a test drive in a sport a few months ago and on the way back to the dealers there seemed to be a buzzing noise coming from the dash, my missus starting pressing on bits of the dash until she touched the infotainment screen and it stopped, so is that going to be one issue? I suppose we will find out in time, but it wont put me off buying one unless major rattling issues start in the hybrid transmission like in the Jazz Crosstar, will just have to wait and see!

Registered
I've have had the Advance since early October - my only issues have the over active system that drags the steering wheel to the left if the car thinks you are wandering over the white line - it even reacts to black tarmac lines if they are in the road - I know how to switch the system off for the current journey but I am getting used to it now and it no longer comes as a shock

I also had an issue where the black trim on the doors sill had two white water marks on each side after the heavy rain we had - the dealer sorted that out - I didn't ask how

Other than that the car appears rock solid

Premium Member
I've have had the Advance since early October - my only issues have the over active system that drags the steering wheel to the left if the car thinks you are wandering over the white line - it even reacts to black tarmac lines if they are in the road - I know how to switch the system off for the current journey but I am getting used to it now and it no longer comes as a shock

I also had an issue where the black trim on the doors sill had two white water marks on each side after the heavy rain we had - the dealer sorted that out - I didn't ask how

Other than that the car appears rock solid
My 10g likes to swerve to the left too, the bit i don't like is when driving up narrow streets with pedestrians walking down they can trigger the collision warning jamming the brakes on suddenly, can be quite annoying and scarey at the same time!

I'm glad you have had no issues, im just undecided on which model and colour to choose from, either sport or advance between red and blue, decisions decisions! 馃槀馃槀

Registered
My 10g likes to swerve to the left too, the bit i don't like is when driving up narrow streets with pedestrians walking down they can trigger the collision warning jamming the brakes on suddenly, can be quite annoying and scarey at the same time!

I'm glad you have had no issues, im just undecided on which model and colour to choose from, either sport or advance between red and blue, decisions decisions! 馃槀馃槀
My Gen 10 was red and I wished I had bought a blue one - I picked blue for the Gen 11 before seeing any of the colours in metal. At the launch at the dealers they had a red one and a black one and I thought I had made a mistake again when I saw the red which is lovely - then my blue one was spotted on the day it was delivered as I went past the dealers so I stopped to check it over - no regrets this time

Administrator
MY22 Jazz EX Hybrid
Given that Honda tend to use light grey undercoat I take it you ordered a touchup kit to quickly hide any stone chips :whistle:

Blue over light grey is sore thumb territory

Premium Member
My Gen 10 was red and I wished I had bought a blue one - I picked blue for the Gen 11 before seeing any of the colours in metal. At the launch at the dealers they had a red one and a black one and I thought I had made a mistake again when I saw the red which is lovely - then my blue one was spotted on the day it was delivered as I went past the dealers so I stopped to check it over - no regrets this time
I just need to see the blue in the flesh, salesman showed me the E they had in the same blue its very nice just wasnt the same as seeing it on a civic!

Administrator
MY22 Jazz EX Hybrid
That's why my Civics were galaxy grey then urban titanium.

Unfortunately with the Jazz, to have the black interior, it had to be black, white or red.

Premium Member
Had mine since mid October.

My gripes:

1. Auto steering kicking in when dirivng on roads where parking is on both sides. today the car steered automatically and i was literally inches away from a parked car. Not nice.
2. 40 litre fuel tank. very small, would have been nice to be at least 45ltrs.
3. When using cruise control on motorway- it will cruise along nicely- but if a driver decides to cut in (as lowest gap the car will keep is about 4-5 cars lengths)- the car will break sharply to keep that distance. If there is a driver behind me (close) then it will as if I have break tested him and risk being rear ended.
4. Rear doors can do with some sound insulation. They sound very tinny when closing compared to the front doors (advance model).
5. Front radiators are wide open - risk of stone chipping and damaging radiator etc in the future.
6. Larger car than previous model - takes longer to wash and wax :)

Administrator
MY22 Jazz EX Hybrid
I fully agree with 1 and 3

RDMS is the most complained about feature. It wobbles the steering wheel and throws a dash warning if you cross any white line (or black road repair line) without indicating. There are many scenarios where indicating is pointless or misleading. It also has a tendency to steer you back into the path of oncoming cars on narrow rural roads if you pull closer to the verge.

ACC is fine on quiet roads but give it other traffic on multi lane roads and it can unexpectedly brake.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Had mine since mid October.

My gripes:

1. Auto steering kicking in when dirivng on roads where parking is on both sides. today the car steered automatically and i was literally inches away from a parked car. Not nice.
2. 40 litre fuel tank. very small, would have been nice to be at least 45ltrs.
3. When using cruise control on motorway- it will cruise along nicely- but if a driver decides to cut in (as lowest gap the car will keep is about 4-5 cars lengths)- the car will break sharply to keep that distance. If there is a driver behind me (close) then it will as if I have break tested him and risk being rear ended.
4. Rear doors can do with some sound insulation. They sound very tinny when closing compared to the front doors (advance model).
5. Front radiators are wide open - risk of stone chipping and damaging radiator etc in the future.
6. Larger car than previous model - takes longer to wash and wax :)
Thanks for the interesting feedback. Can the autosteering be disabled permanently or does it reset every time you start the car. On my wife's Mazda 3 it can be disabled permanently.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts