2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the other day I took my eyes off the road for a second (silly I know) and went straight over a speed bump only for a fairly bad "scrape" to follow

It was one I don't recall hearing before - it made me want to stop and look but I didn't until I got home later that day.

Upon inspection I found that my undertray had come away a little from the car. I don't know whether I had just done it or it has been there a while. Long story short I mentioned it to my mechanic and said it should be OK as long as I'm careful
(I'm seeing him in a few weeks so he will check it out whilst changing my brakes)
What's everyone's honest opinion on this?
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Road surface Asphalt Bumper

·
Registered
570 Posts
Is that the service hatch? If so it will be fine though it might fall off. Mine fell off years ago

Reactions: Wilmo

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
The undertray annoys me as it stops easy access on other stuff and it's a pain to remove without garage facilities (a lift).

I removed mine during the Summer and don't plan to replace it!

·
Registered
685 Posts
False economy: It means that an awful lot of dirt and grit gets on everything under the bonnet and is regarded as an important part of the aerodynamics of the vehicle.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Noticed no difference in fuel economy and I don't go fast enough for it to have any meaningful aerodynamic effect.

Cars have done fine without them and undertrays have been known for hiding rust. Not in the Civic's case.

Either way there's no real right answer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts