2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Nearside mirror isn't moving, swapped the sods and it's not that and can adjust the mirror view, just not move it in and out.

Guess it's a whole new unit if not testable?

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I swapped and soldered in a new motor - still doesn't work - any ideas?

Heated glass / glass movement still fine.

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Well I'm baffled, I've searched extensively and everyone's issues always seems to be the SOD. I'd already tried and tested that.

SO - I got a replacement mirror.

Fitted it.

Same problem.

Now of course being second hand as I didn't want to give Honda £188 right now I figured I'd see what happens when you plug the entire unit in to the other side, you know like a SOD swap but a little heavier and full on.

Works fine. As does my old one that I spent 3 hours putting together from parts on Sunday and burning myself with old eyesight with my soldering iron.

Now what could it be? That part of the loom all seems fine, tweeter (appreciate it's separate), heated mirror and mirror movement - it's literally just refusing to activate the motor - is there a fuse I don't know about or an obvious wire between the switch on the drivers door that could break?

Thanks everyone.

I do get the infamous Error 2 on the self test - but thought that was to do with the display unit?

Error 2: B-CAN communication

•If the word ‘‘Error 2'' is indicated, there is a malfunction in the communication line between the gauge control module (tach) and the body-controller area network (B-CAN). Go to indicated troubleshooting (B1155 to B1160).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts