2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The Party Organizer!
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there guys! I don't know if this is the right place to post this thread, so please moderators: feel free to move it to the right place!
Now to my problem: I love to wash/detail my own cars, but with my last car I couldn't be bothered with it!
Now with my pride and joy, I would LOVE to be able to do it properly! The problem is I live in a flat, so I don't have access to water or power in the parking lot (and being underground parking with motion activated lights, most of the time its dark as hell there)!
So I would like to know if there is somewhere I can go where I can park my car and "get my hands dirty" (and the car clean). Even if I have to pay for the jet-wash, at least I would like to do the rest myself (including claying, polishing, etc.).
So, my fellow londoners, or whoever has the answer to my query, is there such a place? Please let me know, otherwise I have a kidney for sale to afford the regular detailing!
Thanks in advance for all the answers!

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
There is a place you can rent a garage - with or without lift, garage tools etc.. I looked and tbh.. it wasn't THAT dear!

Reactions: samsara_2005

·
The Party Organizer!
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There is a place you can rent a garage - with or without lift, garage tools etc.. I looked and tbh.. it wasn't THAT dear!
Hi there Michael... I know the place, it's called "PitStart"... The problem is the amount of time I would need to get the job done... At least 6 hours, so that's £72 in space hire only... For this money I'd rather get it done professionally...
Anyway, thanks for your comment!

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
Didn't realise it was that dear...thought it was only like £40...
I park on road - but then use my old mans garage and cherish it!

·
The Party Organizer!
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Didn't realise it was that dear...thought it was only like £40...
I park on road - but then use my old mans garage and cherish it!
I wish I could do the same, Michael, and use my old man's garage... It is a long drive to Valencia, though... [smilie=giggle.gif]

·
Silent Assassin
400 Posts
My local total garage has a spotless pressure washer.

Cant you give your car a decent wash at one of those, then drive it home, use a quick detailer to give it a quick wipe over and then finish off the rest of the stuff?

·
Premium Member
12,688 Posts
My local total garage has a spotless pressure washer.

Cant you give your car a decent wash at one of those, then drive it home, use a quick detailer to give it a quick wipe over and then finish off the rest of the stuff?
Depends how far you are away. I would not drive home without having to wash down again. Quick wipe over could drag dirt/grit over your car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.