2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all having problems with the app radio feature on my pioneer AVH-X3500DAB I've downloaded the app to my iPhone and plugged it in & basically nothing is happening it goes to a configuring screen on the phone and the dd screen is blank left for a good 15 mins & still nothing so ATM I have no apps on the stereo any help would be appreciated :)

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
Not sure on that model, but on mine you have to set the connection type to Digital (for lightning connect type iPhones) or Others (30 pin connector types).

Might be worth checking.

·
Premium Member
3,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure on that model, but on mine you have to set the connection type to Digital (for lightning connect type iPhones) or Others (30 pin connector types).

Might be worth checking.

Ill check that mate although it plays music fine

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
ah it probably won't be that if the iPod icon is active (I take it you are on a 4/4s?).

Try force quitting the app, loading Appradio on the head unit and then loading the app when the head unit is on the black screen.

·
Premium Member
3,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's a 4s mate I've read there's a problem with app radio app and iOS 7 hope they sort it soon

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
my 4 worked fine with ios7... just got the five and waiting for the connectior.. should be fine for that

Reactions: robbobaggins

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
I've got the same radio in my civic with an iPhone 4S on IOS 7. And mine works ok. Have you got the correct lead that allows the app radio to work?
I just plug my phone in, click on mode on radio and it launches app on iphone for me to allow connection.

Nav free gps works with app radio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've got the same radio in my civic with an iPhone 4S on IOS 7. And mine works ok. Have you got the correct lead that allows the app radio to work?
I just plug my phone in, click on mode on radio and it launches app on iphone for me to allow connection.

Nav free gps works with app radio.

I just have a usb cable that was supplied with the unit do I need a special cable?

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Yeah the usb cable allows you to connect any phone to play music through radio.

Hopefully the image I've added should help you, the lead you need is the top one. I paid extra when I had radio fitted for this lead instead of the usb as wanted the option of being able to use the apps.

·
Premium Member
3,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah the usb cable allows you to connect any phone to play music through radio.

Hopefully the image I've added should help you, the lead you need is the top one. I paid extra when I had radio fitted for this lead instead of the usb as wanted the option of being able to use the apps.

Your a star simon thank you very much yet another cable to buy then :(

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
No probs mate, glad I could help you out.

Hope you get it sorted. Only app I use is the Nav free gps app, hopefully be more apps available soon.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts