2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a cheap skate and so don't want to be buying a polishing machine (that and they scare me). So what's best for applying polish by hand? Do I need different things for applying and buffing?

Impart your knowledge upon me oh gurus!!

Seriously, I really have no idea. A lot of the stuff I've seen is for machine polishers so would love some advice please :)

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Wanner. So nothing particularly special worth buying then, just any microfiber?

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
As far as I'm aware it should be one of the triple (Germany colour) things for polish.
If your cars black have you thought about a glaze?
Iv ordered poor boys black hole lastnight that's meant to be good at filling swirl marks and is applied with a foam applicator.
Should do a good job as polishing by hand won't get the results you would get from a machine polish and it's meant to be pretty hard work

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got some Meguiars mega awesome polish stuff and used it with some clothes but didn't seem great so as wondering what would be best to use. I'll see if I can find one of those triple coloured ones, there's one on Halfrauds site I've finally found that states it's for polish.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You wonderful person! Thanks :) Hopefully that'll make my life easier until I decide whether to invest in a proper polishing machine.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Had a quick look and they were a tad bit cheaper at elite car care, plus got my 5% off. Now I have no excuse not to have it shining (unfortunately)

Reactions: Db4193
1 - 9 of 9 Posts