2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took delivery of a Civic 2.2 Sport on 16th Feb. Had it a few days and noticed the following problems:

• Sticking fuel filler
  • "Banshee-shrieking" drivers window
  • Knocking from rear suspension
Now the dealership fixed the fuel filler as soon as I told them about it (I hadn't even driven off the forecourt), but I left the car with them for a week whilst I was on holiday and on my return I found that they hadn't been able to fix the window or rear shocks as the parts had to be ordered in.

I've since found out that the rear shocks are on factory order as Honda have none left in stock, and no estimate when they will be in.

Knowing that approved Hondas come with a "30 day 1000 mile no quibble" exchange policy, should I:

1. Avail myself of this facility and ask for a replacement car thereby risking problems again?
  2. Stick with it pending resolution of the problems?
I'm tempted to ring the dealer up and go - "So, can you guarantee you'll have the car sorted by 18th March?" and then see what they say, if they go "No Sir" I'll ask about the replacement...

Thoughts please?

·
Registered
94 Posts
To be honest id stick with what youve got, you obviously bought it cause you liked the car / model, and to be honest apart from the window, they all seem prone to the same faults and they do get sorted, just keep making a pest of your self and dont let them fob you off with any billy.

Good luck
Adrian

·
Foglight Covers FORSALE
3,181 Posts
may be worth bluffing them that they can have it back, then see what they offer you to keep it.

·
Nice Guy!
2,360 Posts
The dealer really should have fixed these things already
but they are easy enough put right as long as you have got a good
dealer

we are back to the old '06 model year and '07 model year debate

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Hi mumblemiler,

What do you mean by "Banshee-shrieking" noise of driver window?
I do have some irritating noises from the driver window when it is fully closed. I am not sure though if the noise is coming 100% from the window itself or the door or something else.

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
the 'usual' driver window fault is that when you open it, you get an awful squeaking noise - a bit like a wet finger on the rim of a glass - but louder and worse :(

·
Registered
146 Posts
help full information

always remember the customer is right
They have sold you a product that is not fit for its purpose.
the law is on your side you can demand a exchange providing the car was new and not a demo car.
me being fussy like i am. i would demand a replacement This is what you are entitled to under the 28 day rule sales of goods act . they do not have a leg to stand on.
they will try to squirm out of exchanging .stick to your guns they know they have no choice to exchange.
if you feel strongly about it
even a publicity stunt by blocking the drive into forecourt and phoning your local paper. lets face it no one in business wants bad publicity around the launch on a new registration.
regards peter

·
King of the rodeo
4,830 Posts
the 'usual' driver window fault is that when you open it, you get an awful squeaking noise - a bit like a wet finger on the rim of a glass - but louder and worse :(
Its mighty embarassing, probably annoys me more than anything else, some times it doesn't make a sound, can't figure it out! I would stick with what you have, for the sake of a few weeks until the dealer pulls their finger out. No great shakes. Though it would be tempting to bluff them and try return it, you may find you get sorted out more quickly!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts