2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you bought your Civic from Honda dealer what did they supply you in the form of.
1/Assured vehicle history
Your Approved used Honda is comprehensively checked to confirm; previous ownership, any outstanding finance has been settled, has incurred no major accident damage, and any registration number change are noted. You will be provided with certification on delivery of your vehicle.

2/Mileage certification
Any vehicle which has not been owned and used by Honda UK or our Dealer Network will have the mileage checked against previous history, including writing to previous owners to ensure that there are no mileage irregularities. You will be provided with certification on delivery of your vehicle.

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Received non of the above.

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
I received nothing.

Also, check your service history. My car had a 'Full Service History' which apparently consists of two stamps for a 5 year old car.

I took it up with HUK and they admitted my car did not have full service history so it was mis-sold to me.

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
I received nothing.

Also, check your service history. My car had a 'Full Service History' which apparently consists of two stamps for a 5 year old car.

I took it up with HUK and they admitted my car did not have full service history so it was mis-sold to me.

I have a feeling I'm in a similar boat. HUK says my car (2007 ctr, 50k on the clock) was last serviced at 37752 miles, but my book (a new book) says 49773. HUK says the last service is not showing as full, but as "unspecified". What to do ?

·
Premium Member
2,202 Posts
You should get two nice Honda wallets. One with a car file in with the HPI checks and warranty documents and the other with the manual and other assortments.

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
You should get two nice Honda wallets. One with a car file in with the HPI checks and warranty documents and the other with the manual and other assortments.
I never received my HPI check even (I did it myself).

And the only documents I received from the previous owner was 1 MOT (which the garage had ripped the advisories off the back of after telling me it had no advisories - story for another day!)

Guess it varies between garage...

·
Premium Member
2,202 Posts
I never received my HPI check even (I did it myself).

And the only documents I received from the previous owner was 1 MOT (which the garage had ripped the advisories off the back of after telling me it had no advisories - story for another day!)

Guess it varies between garage...
Strange. If your buying approved used from Honda you should rightly expect a much higher level of service. I think you should name and shame :facepalm:

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
I took it up with Honda UK. I wrote a 3 page letter (thats how much bad service I got!) They took it all very seriously and I was called in for a meeting with the MD of the group of garages I bought from. The guy was decent enough and did his best to resolve everything so I'd prefer not to name and shame.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.