2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys
Is the type R road tax gonna rise this April? I have looked on the DVLA site and it does look like the type R has gone up. I could be mistaken though.
Reason I am asking is that I have enquired about a CW type R and I could do with knowing if I am gonna get whopped on road tax in future.

·
MY09 Milano CTR Driver
777 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Wheel Man
169 Posts
I really hope this is only applied to cars registered after April! I had a hunt about on the DVLA site a few weeks ago and couldn't see anything about it.

There was a big fuss about this kind of thing when they backdated the last road tax rise so I'm fairly sure that this will nly be for cars bought (registered) after April.

I'm gonna try and find out for sure though just to set my mind at ease!

Andy

·
Wheel Man
169 Posts
Oops. Just read that link above properly. Looks like it goes up to £245 for 12 months if it's registered after 11 June 2009. Which will include the likes of me...

Still, I've not had to pay the stinger of a first payment though. It will just add to the price of buying the car as it'll get rolled into the on the road price. It's a hell of a lot to tax a small car is it not?

Thankfully I understand this now.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
323 Posts
I looked into this earlier this year. I am pretty sure (almost certain ;) ) that the Type R annual RFT will go up to £245 from April next year as long as the car was registered before April 2010. The 'first year rate' (£550) only applies to cars registered on or after 1st April 2010.

·
Premium Member
15,644 Posts
I looked into this earlier this year. I am pretty sure (almost certain ;) ) that the Type R annual RFT will go up to £245 from April next year as long as the car was registered before April 2010. The 'first year rate' (£550) only applies to cars registered on or after 1st April 2010.
I believe that to be the case too:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts