2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently a forum member did a comparison for me after he was disappointed after purchasing what he thought were CREE bulbs from Aqib, I advised him that the bulbs he had purchased were nothing of the sort and merely normal SMD LED bulbs with approx 1W of power, just like I sell here - http://www.civinfo.com/forum/civinf...single-led-501-bulbs-sidelights-no-plate.html

After providing him with what he wanted all along he was thrilled and kindly took this photo demonstrating the difference, CREE bulbs should look like the one on the right. So be very careful about buying what you think are CREE bulbs.

Light Lens flare Night Sky Line

It may well be a mistake on Aqib's part calling them CREE bulbs, but essentially it would be like me selling a Nintendo 64 and calling it a PS4, they are NOTHING alike. So this is by no means a slight on him as I understand he may have lights a little confused since after all it was me he came to for advice a while back.

I think he may have already realised his error as his Wiki entry with link to the bulbs ommits the word "CREE" - Lights - Civinfo Wiki

I would suggest refunds being offered to all purchasers of his bulbs that knew no better, but I doubt that will happen...just be careful people!

·
Banned
7,705 Posts
How dare you slate my products.

Cree bulbs originate from America, so I don't see the point in your hypocritical posts. As far as I know, a member also contacted me how he had purchased bulbs from YOU and they started flashing within a week. So I was sent out your "Cree" bulbs and they were actually fakes from china not the American type with the real Cree chip! So save your hypocritical posts.

FYI I have replaced all "Cree bulbs" with genuine Crees.

Anyway that's not the point here, are you trying to say all my other bulbs are fake too? You just can't face competition, deal with it.

·
Premium Member
13,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
How dare you slate my products.

Cree bulbs originate from America, so I don't see the point in your hypocritical posts. As far as I know, a member also contacted me how he had purchased bulbs from YOU and they started flashing within a week. So I was sent out your "Cree" bulbs and they were actually fakes from china not the American type with the real Cree chip! So save your hypocritical posts.

FYI I have replaced all "Cree bulbs" with genuine Crees.

Anyway that's not the point here, are you trying to say all my other bulbs are fake too? You just can't face competition, deal with it.
It's not they are fake, it's that you were selling normal SMD LEDs with a single diode, if you have changed them since supplying the member in question around a month or so ago then fair enough.

It's just the ones pictured in your Cree thread are not Cree, I think you made the mistake as you took the description from an eBay add and even pinched their photo which even still has their watermark on it.

If you have changed them you might want to post a photo of what it is you are actually supplying now so users are not confused. Because the fact is up until you changed (whenever that was) you have supplied many many people with the normal 1W SMD bulbs passed off as CREE.

I haven't used the word fake, the issue is misselling. You are paranoid, I haven't mentioned any of your other bulbs, I know where you source them, including your michiba bulbs, I know all the suppliers well.

For your information, CREE may be a US company of origin but they supply chips all over the world and have official supplier in China - http://www.cree.com/LED-Chips-and-Materials/Where-to-Buy

My supplier sources the chips and assembles the bulbs.

Keep an eye on your thread I may just purchase a set of yours and do a comparison ;)

·
Banned
7,705 Posts
It's not they are fake, it's that you were selling normal SMD LEDs with a single diode, if you have changed them since the supplying the member in question around a month or so ago then fair enough.

It's just the ones pictured in your Cree thread are not Cree, I think you made the mistake as you took the description from an eBay add and even pinched their photo which even still has their watermark on it.

If you have changed them you might want to post a photo of what it is you are actually supplying now so users are not confused. Because the fact is up until you changed (whenever that was) you have supplied many many people with the normal 1W SMD bulbs passed off as CREE.

I haven't used the word fake, the issue is misselling. You are paranoid, I haven't mentioned any of your other bulbs, I know where you source them, including your michiba bulbs, I know all the suppliers well.
Will do but since we are on that subject, I'll give you some examples from your "JP catalogue"

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/civinf...single-led-501-bulbs-sidelights-no-plate.html

You sold these as "cased in an aluminium housing meaning the purest, whitest light" misleading 100's of buyers as they are no way cased in aluminium and not to mention how they produce the "purest and whitest light" because of this.

1. They are not aluminium, but plastic.
2. To suggest that them housed in an "aluminium" casing meant that they produced the "purest whitest light" is rubbish.

Refunds on the card, I think so.

·
Premium Member
13,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Semantics...I just saw you going through my threads trying desperately for ammo to retaliate.
That would be like me complaining about you calling your LEDs XENON, where is the gas stored exactly?

The photo speaks for itself, you should be ashamed.

I'll go to mods with anything else I have complaints about and anything I feel warrants changing.

·
Banned
7,705 Posts
Semantics...I just saw you going through my threads trying desperately for ammo to retaliate.
That would be like me complaining about you calling your LEDs XENON, where is the gas stored exactly?

The photo speaks for itself, you should be ashamed.

I'll go to mods with anything else I have complaints about and anything I feel warrants changing.
In which i succeeded. Before you dish out your hypocritical comments, be sure that your own threads aren't misleading then make a judgement on others.

This was said over a year ago by another member to you, deal with competition. Are you insecure or something about your own "inferior products"

·
Premium Member
13,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
In which i succeeded. Before you dish out your hypocritical comments, be sure that your own threads aren't misleading then make a judgement on others.

This was said over a year ago by another member to you, deal with competition. Are you insecure or something about your own "inferior products"
Very insecure, you came to me for advice on bulbs as what you knew about bulbs I could write on the back of a stamp.

You then ripped off all my threads, layout, the lot and sold a few bulbs...well done!

But to be insecure id have to consider you competition, the forum isn't stupid, the amount of complaints I have had about you is scary, and if taken as a percentage of what you have sold, you'd be out of business if you had anyone to answer to.

Like I said, we can argue all day... Let the photo do the talking ;) a Cree bulb should look like the one on the right, you have learned something, be thankful :)

·
Banned
7,705 Posts
Very insecure, you came to me for advice on bulbs as what you knew about bulbs I could write on the back of a stamp.

You then ripped off all my threads, layout, the lot and sold a few bulbs...well done!

But to be insecure id have to consider you competition, the forum isn't stupid, the amount of complaints I have had about you is scary, and if taken as a percentage of what you have sold, you'd be out of business if you had anyone to answer to.

Like I said, we can argue all day... Let the photo do the talking ;) a Cree bulb should look like the one on the right, you have learned something, be thankful :)
I came to you for advice? When was this, when I first joined on here over 2 years ago? Oh yes, I remember exactly, I realised I could do a lot better!

Your attitude stinks, the reason I started selling on here was because I knew I could do better.

Your constant bickering is ridiculous, not to mention your attitude.

·
The flying Dutchman
967 Posts
i havent tried any product of Aqib so i cant give my opinion on his products.
I have however tried the HID kits of JP. which proved to be more unreliable then a politician.
the bulbs all went wrong for me in various ways.

So after the last set went wrong i went back to normal halogen which gave me alot more effective light. (but that has to due with my housing not being xenon in the first place).

the point im trying to make is that jp can claim here that Aqib delivers a product that is discribed as high quality but isnt (appearantly). but JP's product isnt heaven either in my experience.

Reactions: Aqib

·
Banned
7,705 Posts
I have however tried the HID kits of JP. which proved to be more unreliable then a politician.

So after the last set went wrong i went back to normal halogen which gave me alot more effective light. (but that has to due with my housing not being xenon in the first place).

the point im trying to make is that jp can claim here that Aqib delivers a product that is discribed as high quality but isnt (appearantly). but JP's product isnt heaven either in my experience.
Exactly my point, couldn't have said it better myself.

MR JP is quick to criticise others but turns a blind eye to himself with his hypocritical posts.

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
The point being made here is not one regarding quality.

For all we know they could both be selling the 10p bulbs from eBay, but no point getting into that.

Mr JP has quite rightfully pointed out that Aqib is selling "CREE" bulbs, which are in fact regular SMD bulbs.

·
Premium Member
13,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

For all we know they could both be selling the 10p bulbs from eBay, but no point getting into that.

Mr JP has quite rightfully pointed out that Aquib is selling "CREE" bulbs, which are in fact regular SMD bulbs.
Thanks x5252x

I was just going to say, I have a bigger product range than Aqib, he likes to keep it safe which is fair enough.

The point here was passing something off as something else...

Example: I sell an ugg boot which is fake, okay so it's fake but at least it resembles the real thing, what Aqib is doing is selling a Dr Martin and calling it an UGG, his bulb is nothing like a Cree bulb in terms of appearance or performance. That was the point trying to be illustrated.

The point was to do a comparison, which was not done by me, but a forum member, I even said in the original post it's no slight on Aqib, but he took it personally.

·
Premium Member
13,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Nothing to do with quality, I haven't tested the quality, you have missed the entire point.

But appreciate the comments all the same.

·
Banned
7,705 Posts

Mr JP has quite rightfully pointed out that Aquib is selling "CREE" bulbs, which are in fact regular SMD bulbs.
Yes in which I was duped into by my previously supplier. So before you or anyone else is quick to pounce on this situation, I have lost £000's myself.

I have now changed supplier and corrected this issue.

However the fact of the matter here is that MR JP with his constant bickering. I've even been PM'd by a MOD in the past to ignore it, but for me this is now beyond ridiculous.

·
Gooner4Life
831 Posts
I'll chip in my 3 and a half pence...I bought bulbs from Aqib over a year ago and they're still going strong!

Look fantastic too, people are always asking where I got my bulbs...no experience with Mr JP's though...

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
Thanks x5252x

I was just going to say, I have a bigger product range than Aqib, he likes to keep it safe which is fair enough.

The point here was passing something off as something else...

Example: I sell an ugg boot which is fake, okay so it's fake but at least it resembles the real thing, what Aqib is doing is selling a Dr Martin and calling it an UGG, his bulb is nothing like a Cree bulb in terms of appearance or performance. That was the point trying to be illustrated.

The point was to do a comparison, which was not done by me, but a forum member, I even said in the original post it's no slight on Aqib, but he took it personally.
Mate you knew full well what you were doing when you made this thread. Don't try and come all innocent, its clear what your intentions were.

Either way this is pathetic, forums big enough for more than one seller.

·
Premium Member
13,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yes in which I was duped into by my previously supplier. So before you or anyone else is quick to pounce on this situation, I have lost £000's myself.

I have now changed supplier and corrected this issue.

However the fact of the matter here is that MR JP with his constant bickering. I've even been PM'd by a MOD in the past to ignore it, but for me this is now beyond ridiculous.
Where is the bickering, I have stopped arguing because you are not worth it. You have lost nothing Aqib don't lie, the profit you made through passing a normal bulb off as a Cree is rediculous.

·
Premium Member
13,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Mate you knew full well what you were doing when you made this thread. Don't try and come all innocent, its clear what your intentions were.

Either way this is pathetic, forums big enough for more than one seller.
Didn't say it wasn't?

I did know yes, post a photo supplied by an owner to compare 2 bulbs claiming to be the same.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.