2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's possibly 'one of those' that pops up periodically, so apologies in advance for my laziness!!

My 7-year-old DERV has the early signs of worn drop link rubbers, so its probably got the front ARB bushes in an advanced state of fatigue as well.

Checking on Polybush options, I'm told by suppliers of same that they only supply 24 mm bushes for the 'R' ARB.
Separately I see, have read and have been told that the DERV ARB is 22 mm in diameter - smaller than the 'R's.

Is this true or are they the same diameter - bearing in mind the 'more sporty requirement' of the 'R' compensating the heavier DERV engine?

Basically, is it normal practice to use 'R' Polybush D-Bushes on the DERV ARB or is there an alternative?

This is what I've found on Fleabay: Polybush Front Anti Roll Bar Bush Kit Honda Civic FN2 Type R 2005-2012 41AD | eBay

Thanks,
Al.

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
I don't know if that is true for the 5 door, but the 3 door derv (FN3) has the same size ARB as the Type R as standard.

Maybe see if you can measure the diameter of your ARB?

TBH, I'm almost certain there is only 1 size ARB on all 8th gen Civics. I know the older EP2/EP3 and older Civics had different size ARB's. Polybush also list that the 41AD bush fits all FK and FN Civics.

·
Premium Member
2,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thing is, I can't see why a heavier vehicle, considered 'top of the range' at the time would be compromised with a thinner bar - which would limit the reason for fitting it.

Al.

·
Premium Member
821 Posts

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
So all 8th gen 3-door variants have the 24mm ARB and all 5-door variants a 22mm ARB?
No, it seems that the only 2 with the 24mm ARB is the Type R (FN2) and the 2.2 3-door (FN3). The 1.4 (3 and 5 door), 1.8 (3 and 5 door) and the 2.2 5-door (FK3) have the 23mm version.

The Honda part numbers seem to show this too:-

51300-SMS-E01 - FN2, FN3 stabiliser bar
51300-SMJ-E01 - FK1, FK2, FK3, FN1, FN4 stabiliser bar

1 - 6 of 6 Posts