2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys

I'm just after a bit of advice if that's ok?

I was just outside fitting my new 'Wanner fog light protectors' and I thought I'd take a closer look at a slight imperfection in the bodywork on the passenger side that I noticed when picking up the type s gt from the dealer last week but foolishly didn't mention.

It's only slightly out but when I looked underneath I noticed this:

Now fortunately I managed to unscrew a couple of screws in the arch, pop a couple of clips out and then realign and retighten however there still feels like there's more play on the arch than on the other side. It also still doesn't sit completely flush but then I suppose it could have warped slightly if it had been like that for a while with the original owner.

Are there any other clips or screws that should be holding this more firmly in place? I still need to pop back to the dealer to sign up to the service plan and pick up the spare key so I guess there's also no harm in mentioning it to them?

Any advice?

Cheers
Phil

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Just try giving the side skirt a bang from the rear wheel side had a slight gap on mine this could lessen the gap.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It seems normal that there is a slight gap between the two bits of kit, however at the top there is a much greater gap than at the bottom.

·
Administrator
15,502 Posts
It seems normal that there is a slight gap between the two bits of kit, however at the top there is a much greater gap than at the bottom.
yes the small gaps are the norm if i recall when i had mine but like you say that gap is not equal, something out of sync there, Phil you've only just bought it, take it back and get the dealer to rectify it mate

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes the small gaps are the norm if i recall when i had mine but like you say that gap is not equal, something out of sync there, Phil you've only just bought it, take it back and get the dealer to rectify it mate
Yeah, that's the sensible thing to do.

At the dealership I was just eager to get it home as I really liked the car and I'd been without one for about 3 weeks and I thought I'd just be able to sort it myself or that it wouldn't bother me, but clearly I can't sort it completely and it is bothering me!

Thanks for your help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts