2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting arches done, pleased with results from honda body shop

Any of you fd2 owners had bother with rust? Guys at honda say there prone for it coz they don't under seal them properly in japan

Here's before and after

·
Registered
372 Posts
The arch sealer stops a few inches further up and where it's double skinned the water gets in and sits there. Mine are fine though.

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hopefully won't come back for long time

They said could come back as early as 6 month but shouldn't do for years???

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah mate, paint seems to be too thin

Prone for stone chips on bonnet that's why had ep3 and fn2 bonnet re painted

·
Aaaaa...V-tech
626 Posts
Yeah mate, paint seems to be too thin

Prone for stone chips on bonnet that's why had ep3 and fn2 bonnet re painted
yep funnily enough mines has already been done once, and itll no doubt get done next year again at somepoint, funny thing is im never up the arse of outher drivers which i know is the main cause,

gonna look into get the new stone chip resistant laquer done on the front as well, its getting done to my rear bumper and arches on monday :)

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
Looks good, great result hope it lasts :D

My arches have been fine- was undersealed prior to me buying in 2008, just had it done again earlier in the month tho as it was looking a bit shoddy when it was in bits :)

·
Premium Member
1,333 Posts
Good job. How much did it cost if you don't mind me asking? Mines is fine, undersealed as soon as it got in the country and I touched it up a couple of weeks ago to be on the safe side. But good to know if I ever need it done. PM me if you'd prefer. ;)

·
Registered
372 Posts
I wouldn't get overly hung up on Honda doing paintwork. I've seen work from Honda bodyshops that is nowhere near as good as getting an independent to do it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts