2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm very confused, as I've explained to the dealer I want the 2009 model, he reckons this one is...but it's an EX WITH satnav and the photo doesn't have the "new" front. However I actually thought all 09 plates were 2009, guess I'm wrong but somebody can enlighten me!

Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm very confused, as I've explained to the dealer I want the 2009 model, he reckons this one is...but it's an EX WITH satnav and the photo doesn't have the "new" front. However I actually thought all 09 plates were 2009, guess I'm wrong but somebody can enlighten me!

Thanks
No, a lot of 2008 models were sold under 09 plates. I don't think the 09 EX had Sat Nav as standard - I think this was only standard on the EX GT.

You can check the VIN to be sure.

What does FN2, FK2 etc mean? - Civinfo Wiki

·
Registered
64 Posts
If I'm right, the 2009 EX comes with Leather, and the EX GT adds Sat Nav/Bluetooth, and will also have the new front grill.

I know a guy from work who is getting his 59 plate Civic EX next week, and that isn't a 2009 model either.

·
Administrator
20,959 Posts
All MY09 will have the new grille and sockets in the centre console. There are other changes but probably too subtle for a new buyer to notice.

Plus the visible VIN in the windscreen will have "09" (after the U I think)

My personal opinion is that if someone is getting a MY08 with a 09 or 59 plate then they had better be getting a sizeable discount because the MY09 models have far better suspension plus other nice changes that is worth the extra dosh (IMO).

·
Registered
4 Posts
To break away slightly, am I correct in thinking the EX GT was introduced in MY09 and therefore can't be MY08?

·
Registered
216 Posts
to throw a spanner in the works.... I have a 09 face lift but on a 58 plate lol. I take it form reading the ex models are the 5 door option, and ex gt are 5 door option plus leather, satnav, bluetooth, and glass roof ?

·
Administrator
20,959 Posts
to throw a spanner in the works.... I have a 09 face lift but on a 58 plate lol. I take it form reading the ex models are the 5 door option, and ex gt are 5 door option plus leather, satnav, bluetooth, and glass roof ?
MY09 can indeed have 58 plates.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Im picking my 59plate civic type r GT up in a few days. Will this be the new model with the usb in it etc? (Im guess it will be MY09) surely they can't still have some 08's left?

·
Registered
479 Posts
Im picking my 59plate civic type r GT up in a few days. Will this be the new model with the usb in it etc? (Im guess it will be MY09) surely they can't still have some 08's left?
Yep, they can. I test drove a 59 plate and I was sure it was only an 09 plate, not an 09 model. Grill was different to begin with, and it had no sockets which is what I was looking for. Asked the dealer and he wasn't sure, looked it up and confirmed.

·
MY09 Milano CTR Driver
777 Posts
I am worried about definitely getting a MY09 model as I won't be seeing the car until it arrives at the Dealer as he is sourcing it, and I go to pay the rest of the deposit and sign the agreement. He has stated that it definitely will be, so if I get there and for whatever reason it ends up not being then I will refuse to buy and ask for my deposit back... Fingers Crossed its all good though!!

When I did say I wanted a MY09, he said so you want the HID's and the iPod bits etc... and I said yes exactly, so he seemed to know what he was talking about which is promising I guess.

Still have those nerves though as I do not want an MY08 model when I am buying new!

·
Administrator
20,959 Posts
I am worried about definitely getting a MY09 model as I won't be seeing the car until it arrives at the Dealer as he is sourcing it, and I go to pay the rest of the deposit and sign the agreement. He has stated that it definitely will be, so if I get there and for whatever reason it ends up not being then I will refuse to buy and ask for my deposit back... Fingers Crossed its all good though!!

When I did say I wanted a MY09, he said so you want the HID's and the iPod bits etc... and I said yes exactly, so he seemed to know what he was talking about which is promising I guess.

Still have those nerves though as I do not want an MY08 model when I am buying new!
HID's are available on MY08 and iPod bits also as an aftermarket fit. You need to ensure it's got the power socket, Aux and USB in the centre console.

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts

Ask him for the VIN number of the vehicle that should tell you if it's an MY08 or MY09

·
loving my black alloys :)
510 Posts
You need to ensure it's got the power socket, Aux and USB in the centre console.
and the red ambient lighting under the dash which is also standard now.

·
Registered
34 Posts
My personal opinion is that if someone is getting a MY08 with a 09 or 59 plate then they had better be getting a sizeable discount because the MY09 models have far better suspension plus other nice changes that is worth the extra dosh (IMO).
Is this true - do MY09 civics have modified suspension, in what way are they better?

·
Administrator
20,959 Posts
Have a look at my MY07 v MY09 review in the 09 Civic section.

The boneshaker experience has gone and it's a different animal :D

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Was told by a dealer the other day that there are no suspension changes on the facelift.

·
Banned
365 Posts

HID's are available on MY08 and iPod bits also as an aftermarket fit. You need to ensure it's got the power socket, Aux and USB in the centre console.
Not UK Type-R's they're not.

·
Administrator
20,959 Posts
True, I keep forgetting that the Type R builds are different.

I'm intrigued that a dealer would state that the MY09 facelift included no suspension changes !

That must mean that:

• I'm imagining things
  • Honda's MY09 suspension spider graph is lying
Just outside the Tesco petrol station I use there is a short piece of road that is cobbled (about 10 yards). In the old car this used to really shake and rattle and was quite noisy. This car takes it in it's stride and there is almost no noise intrusion and it is considerably smoother.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts