2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After owning my Civic for 2 years I think it's about time I fitted things that I enthusiastically bought at the time, but advice is needed from you guys.
1. Model is a 2.2 SE-T with a Clarion double din audio/sat-nav. I have the rear camera from eBay and adaptor lead (kindly supplied by Bog) but is it possible to fit the lead to the sat-nav by only removing the under steering wheel trim and not the centre console?
2. I also have a DC12v reducing module with twin USB sockets to feed a dash cam and phone.
I want to feed both the rear camera and the module from the option socket, 12v switched and 12v when reverse is selected, but do I or should I fit inline fuses and if so what sort of ampage?
I have read most of the 'how to dismantle dashboard', How to's but less would be better just to plug a lead in.
Any ideas greatly appreciated

·
Administrator
18,084 Posts
1) the center console needs to come out but don't worry as it"s a simple job.

2) take a look at the snazzy 'option connector' available on here. One plug will provide you with both the outputs you need ;)

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have seen the connectors advertised but I have some female mini spade connectors that I was planing to use, which would be easy to add an inline fuse to if nesessary.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts