2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone.

I have a 2006 civic with factory fit HID headlights. I am noticing that when driving in the dark there is a very distinct cut off point instead of the normal fading into the distance type of light you get with normal bulbs and I find it difficult driving with them as you cannot see that far ahead. Can anyone tell me if this is normal for this car? Are they just poor head lamps? passed mot fine not long ago and beam pattern seems fine.
As bulbs must be 5 years old now could it be that they are getting weak?

Any ideas appreciated. Cheers.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just Checked that auto adjusters are working properly and they work fine.
So can anyone who has factory fit hid lamps on their civic tell me if they are just a bit rubbish? Or should I look into new bulbs? ( they seem damn expensive so would rather not ! He he)

·
Premium Member
1,274 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
They are a bit rubbish (nothing to do with the bulbs, just the fact that they are reflectors not projectors).

However, yours sound like they are adjusted too low. Either tweak them up yourself or take the car to a Quickfit MOT centre and they will adjust them properly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.