2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hey Guys

I was just wondering. Are the really important people at Honda reading this forum or are we all just wasting our time bitching and moaning? I've spoken to three different dealers here in Cape Town regarding this forum and they all don't know what the hell I'm talking about. And if you look at their reaction they really don't give a ****.....

what do you think? Are we the minority and don't matter?

well, that's what it feels like.

One example: If Honda UK read this forum they would have known the problems with the current version and correct it in the 2009 version, but they didn't; suspension anyone?

·
Registered
412 Posts
LuCius ....As in life man they play percentages ...Trust me they dont loose sleep over ya.... They got the money ...You got the car ...Done deal ...ON A STEEL HORSE I RIDE

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
They DO listen to us i think, but to expect them to change everything we moan about is just not so easy for them. Changing production lines results in higher production costs which in turn results in higher selling prices. The civic still is good value for money, it has some niggles but the majority of us is quite happy with there spaceship. I know my dealer frequently scoops on this forum to check out problems that i or other customers have come up with. Thats how i got my front subframe and schocks replaced under warranty.
The 2009 spec did get a few changes and as the civic is due for another 'makeover' in 2011 i believe, big changes willt not be the way honda is going to go. The 2011 spec will get attention to certain aspects we discussed on this forum. I cannot believe honda will just do their own thing with it.
I do find honda lacks in communications with their dealer network, sometimes i knew stuff before my dealer did (for example the 1.8 engine update late 2007 - begin 2008 ), it could take awaty a lot of frustration amongst the customers.

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
Yes, they do read and listen.

They read the forum, and other forums, they talk to me, they listen to their customers who call, they get feedback from dealers, they do surveys, they take back cars that are a year or two old (for a strip down and check, and then return), and in my experience they do seem to care much more than you may believe.

There are certain things you can change, and they have done. There are certain things that need a complete re-design, and there are certain things that would just cost too much.

Some customers do well when things go wrong, and some do not. It is my theory that the attitude of the customer has as much to do with determining the outcome as the attitude of Honda.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
..Pottsy

thanks for the replies...but I think the dealers your talking about, pottsy, are definitely not in Cape Town. They seem to know nothing about the problems with the 2006 model, the one I have. Every service I give them a list of things to look at..I soon realize when I'm driving out of the dealer garage that they didn't even fix 1 of the things I've mentioned. My car also has that clonking noise coming from the suspension when I turn right. I probably should go to the dealer but I'm just so tired of fighting with them.

They should replace all dealerships with Japanese personell:)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Ccc

hey CCC

Thats the whole problem. There's only 2 dealerships close to me. They both belong to the same company. Problem number 1. And Honda SA don't care what they charge for parts. So they can charge you whatever they want, you don't have a choice. You can't get the parts anywhere else.

They should let other car servicing companies be allowed to service Honda vehicles and not void the warranty, THEN they would loose a lot of business and start to give a ****.

·
Registered
412 Posts
LuCiUs ....Yo man ... have you ever seen the film Contact ...Had Jodie Foster in it ....Well at the start of the film it shows planet Earth then it moves away futher and further through the cosmos ..Stars ....Cosmic gases ...Buzz Lightyear ...Infinity and beyond ....Point being made man ..as i said earlier ....Its you ....the dealer ...your country ...your continent ...other countries ...other continents ...HONDA ...They dont give a ra*** A*** ...Just read this forum of people who have called HONDA ...written to HONDA ...e mailed HONDA ..tried to get a petition to present to HONDA ...about the paint on their cars ...pottsy maybe they talk to you man ...But they shaw as hell dont respond too well to folk with major problems ....Check out the forum man ...ON A STEEL HORSE I RIDE

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Harleyfatboy,

Do you really think Honda has a customer service and whenever they get a complaint letter, they just toss it away? Why on earth would they have such a service in the first place. I have read about pottsy changing info with people from honda UK i think.
Loads of people on here have had stuff replaced under warranty without honda making a fuzz about it. Recall actions concerning the shocks, handbrake and fuel filler cap demonstrate that they do something about certain problems.
And as honda is so widely spread, they will (just like all oter big companies) be UNABLE to fulfill the needs of every single customer, in theory yes but not in reality.....
The first part of you post (the contact part) demonstrates this quite well i think.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Woette ....Yo ive got time for you man ....your always polite if somewhat misguided at times ....Of course they get there arse in gear when theres a recall .....Dont go down to well bodies stacked up on the hard shoulder ...People notice these things .....As regards customer service ....Read the imput from many on this site ....and as for being UNABLE to fulfill the needs of every single customer ....When we bought our cars we did not all go together in a coach to put our money down ...We went individualy ..... to there agent or shall we call them dealers ....For the benefit of the hard of thinking ...there job is to not only to sell but offer support via the mothership ..HONDA ...Now in defence of some of the dealers who dip in to this forum ...they do a good job ...what i am saying is they got ya money man ....done deal ...HONDA are huge ... Aircraft ...Bikes ...Cars ...Generaters ...Compressers ...Power boats ...Engines ...Waterfalls ....Come on man ...Do you really think they loose sleep over worried of wigan who has a squeak ...ON A STEEL HORSE I RIDE

·
Premium Member
15,644 Posts
HFB, Have you read this from Pottsy?
Yes, they do read and listen.

They read the forum, and other forums, they talk to me, they listen to their customers who call, they get feedback from dealers, they do surveys, they take back cars that are a year or two old (for a strip down and check, and then return), and in my experience they do seem to care much more than you may believe.

There are certain things you can change, and they have done. There are certain things that need a complete re-design, and there are certain things that would just cost too much.

Some customers do well when things go wrong, and some do not. It is my theory that the attitude of the customer has as much to do with determining the outcome as the attitude of Honda.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts