2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mines bust and seen the savings to be had, but at what cost.
mine currently :(

It will be covered in a protector but I want it to look the same as a OEM one.

So what's the deal guys whos had them and comments please

Attachments

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
There exact same fella although check out my thread, I got myn off a guy for £35 second Hand an he still has the drivers side so worth trying, it's on my wanted thread.

·
無限 Unlimited
3,740 Posts
I had to buy an aftermarket non honda fog light for £40 on ebay in january and it was of OEM quality out of the box, fitted fine and I've had no trouble with it since (touch wood)

Reactions: cracker666

·
Premium Member
15,527 Posts
Could anyone throw a link to those eBay fog lights please..
just search civic fog lights mate, there are loads there that are aftermarket from different sellers but the lights all seems identical.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok, I have replaced the fog light in under 15 minutes.
you can tell the difference against the original looking at the rear of the unit, more plastic.
front on and fitted the new looks clearer, old one less than a year old, but worth it, hell yeah.

To replace I inserted a 10mm socket with some long extensions in the hole nearest the wheel and unscrewed until free.
Yeap the screw fell off but removing the fog light reaching in and picking up took all of 2 seconds.
I then got my wife to hold the socket with the bolt in the flange place fog in and screw up. not too tight.
Ill get some piccys up and put the covers on this weekend.

Link: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/380390396696?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Ok, I have replaced the fog light in under 15 minutes.
you can tell the difference against the original looking at the rear of the unit, more plastic.
front on and fitted the new looks clearer, old one less than a year old, but worth it, hell yeah.

To replace I inserted a 10mm socket with some long extensions in the hole nearest the wheel and unscrewed until free.
Yeap the screw fell off but removing the fog light reaching in and picking up took all of 2 seconds.
I then got my wife to hold the socket with the bolt in the flange place fog in and screw up. not too tight.
Ill get some piccys up and put the covers on this weekend.

Link: eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace
Mate you gotta exactly how you done it as I'm doing it soon and done really want to take te bumper off.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Mate it took a little longer as I firstly put the socket in the wrong screw hole :-(.
The car was not jacked up it was level on the ground with me layed next to it.
On all four wheels, so truly a quick job.

Just a thought though how much would Honda charge to change a spotlight bulb
£45.00 plus parts don't think so.
So maybe we are getting ripped off.

·
Premium Member
15,527 Posts
Mate it took a little longer as I firstly put the socket in the wrong screw hole :-(.
The car was not jacked up it was level on the ground with me layed next to it.
On all four wheels, so truly a quick job.

Just a thought though how much would Honda charge to change a spotlight bulb
£45.00 plus parts don't think so.
So maybe we are getting ripped off.
good job it wasn't the passenger side as its not that easy. 1 of the holes your on about underneath which gives you access is blocked and you cant get a 10mm socket on therefore its unclipping the wheel arch liner, outer trim and prise the bumper away jobby, was for me anyway on my 59 type r, others i know had the same problem

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.