2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Iam still interested in getting a new civic but put off by the problems reported Anyone bought one recently and had few (or better still) no problems?

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
My 2006 Civic has been excellent with none of the problems experienced by some of the owner reports you read about here. When you think of the 0000's of new Civics built the problems only seem to affect a very small number but I shall probably get the fuel cap done even though mine isn't a problem, just in case.

I've had no steering or starting or battery or suspension or window or paintwork problems at all. Just a great car! [smilie=coolup.gif]

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
i wouldnt get to concerned. Unfortunately forums make it look bad because this is where people come to hopefully solve or talk about problems. We forget of all the others who are having no probs etc.

·
Banned
477 Posts
My 2006 Civic has been excellent with none of the problems experienced by some of the owner reports you read about here. When you think of the 0000's of new Civics built the problems only seem to affect a very small number but I shall probably get the fuel cap done even though mine isn't a problem, just in case.

I've had no steering or starting or battery or suspension or window or paintwork problems at all. Just a great car! [smilie=coolup.gif]
I second to that.. No problems, love my UFO, and love to be here and learn details... And pray that all our friends with problems get rid of the problems ASAP and enjoy their pride and joy more and more...

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
OK; providing that my "brakes" problem is just me being silly and the VSA kicking in (albiet too hard in my opinion) I love my car still.
Only problems have been the fuel cap, the shocks and the steering. All of which were fixed very efficiently and well by my local stealer.

·
Registered
580 Posts
My day might come oneday.

I have now discovered some paint bubbling off the right driver side door haha. Probs more stuff, but but not noticed it yet.

Oh yes, everytime I drive of, the back ends seem's to have some sort of knocking noise? What is this?

·
Premium Member
3,005 Posts
My day might come oneday.

I have now discovered some paint bubbling off the right driver side door haha. Probs more stuff, but but not noticed it yet.

Oh yes, everytime I drive of, the back ends seem's to have some sort of knocking noise? What is this?
Faulty/noisy shocks, replaced free under warranty.

If it doesnt bother you that much, wait til the first service.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Faulty/noisy shocks, replaced free under warranty.

If it doesnt bother you that much, wait til the first service.
Good, I will tell the dealer, arnt they in for a great once again, haha, I dont think they like me? as I go in there so many times complaining about this car(N)

Soo stupid, paid good money for a car that's full of problems. They should'nt of released it out to the public so early! Beep Sake.

·
King of the rodeo
4,826 Posts
No problems with my civic, Don't be put off by what you read here, warranty will solve any problems you may have (hopefully none).

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
Oh, I dont think you have read my previous post's, my car seem to have the most faults! haha, stupid thingy, 1.4 are tend to be even more badly built!(N)
Mines the 1.4 too and it's pretty much fine.

The only "problem" I'd say I have with my car is that I have too many stone chips on it for my liking.

·
Registered
27 Posts
No problems experienced with my '07 model yet.
Fuel filler cap opens every time and always has, dash does not squeak or rattle, ride is fine on 17" rims and it does not need a rear wiper.[smilie=cheeky-grin:

I have ridden Honda motorbikes for many years and had five civics in seven years of trouble-free motoring.
If there are any problems, then Honda, whilst not publicly acknowledging them, work hard behind the scenes to cure them in incremental updates and subtle changes in design.
They have done this with their bikes for many years and I am sure they apply this approach to their cars as well.
Some problems can be put down to poor pre-delivery inspections and below par dealers.
I certainly have no qualms in buying Honda again and again. This civic makes me feel special like no other car has, including an A6.

Tony

·
Nice Guy!
2,360 Posts
Iam still interested in getting a new civic but put off by the problems reported Anyone bought one recently and had few (or better still) no problems?
Things seem to be getting better
so much so that we are off for a test drive on monday
persuaded the dealer to give us the car for 3 or 4 hours

Check out 2007 model year cars in the buying section for more
owner reviews of their 2007 models:)

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Mine has been great. Arrived 11 th December and now done 700miles of exciting and trouble free motoring. Best car I have had and certainly the most driveable. Love the space age design - inside and out and that it makes other cars seem so old fashioned by comparison. Wife ribs me as I am always cleaning it. keeps me smiling[smilie=thatworks.g: :lol: [smilie=nod.gif]

·
Registered
27 Posts
I originally took out the sport version as it was the only model with i-shift they had as a demo.
My initial impression was that the ride was similar to the Jazz I once demoed. When I was trying to describe it to the salesman, he said it is jiggly and that described it perfectly.
However! I got the 1.8 ES with 17" wheels and the ride is in a different league, stable and supple, not at all harsh or hard, I was born in 1959 so I am not a boy racer[smilie=cheeky-grin:.
There is a lot less road noise than my 54 plate civic with 16" wheels which I traded in and I certainly feel more part of the car whilst driving this variant of the civic.
Now I am getting used to the i-shift, I find that a firmer right foot makes it easier to drive. That, and the fact it only costs £100 a year to tax :D makes me smile every time I drive it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I picked up a 2007 model in Sept and other than the fuel filler cap problem it has been trouble free.

·
Premium Member
1,615 Posts
Im's been very good so far touch wood ;) few niggles but all sorted easly and quickly at the dealer, when you been used to bottom 10 reiabley and crap dealers , hondas been a joy to own so far, hopefully touch wood be good for a long while yet.

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
Mine too, no problems; great car!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts