2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Just for a giggle....Arnold Clark are sending my Civic to Honda next week to sort some "issues" They say it will take a couple of days so they are kindly giving me a loan car.

Now, I'm 6ft 3", 14 stone and have known the salesman for years. So what do you think he has booked for me....an Avensis, Corolla, Verso....no........this is a classic, he's booked me an IQ!!! 2 seater that my 9 year old would struggle to fit in. I have visions of "High Tower" from Police Academy driving with this head out of the sunroof!!!

Think i need a disguise for this car :facepalm:

·
Registered
149 Posts
ha ha ha!!!

although the loan car I am getting is Fiat Panda,, trying driving that thing all the way from the dealer's in Kintore to Aberdeen!

still though, it does 60mpg in 2nd gear...lol

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IS that MPG or MPH in 2nd ?;)

·
The Dugs Baws
3,507 Posts
Courtesy/hire cars, Fastest cars in the world!!!!
Place i worked years ago used to have Fiat Cinqucento`s , So funny watching the "bigger customers" getting in them and driving off.

·
Premium Member
548 Posts
Came back to the UK from a tour overseas, had been sitting next to a guy I know with 2 teenage kids and a wife... we were looking forward to the hire cars the MOD had waiting for us at the airport.

I had a vauxhall zafira sri, baby people carrier all to myself.

The family had a 3 door corsa!!!

due to the "rules" we weren't allowed to swap, was funny watching them cram into the corsa in my rear view mirror

·
Administrator
19,185 Posts
:rofl: - please take a photo, won't you? :laugh:

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Roger that :) Photo will be taken!

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
My local Honda dealers is beside a Suzuki garage of the same franchise, so I ended up with an Alto 1.0 when my civic was last in :facepalm: and there was me disappointed at the thought of getting a Jazz! Should have held back that thought :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ive phoned and asked if he can upgrade me to smething more suitable..something with more than 2 seats ;)

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lets just say my Nikon i charged up and ready to go for the comedy shots mate!

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
so, finaly took delivery of the loaner. Pleased to say that i got an Aygo "GO", which is appropriate as it goes like the clappers....however, I now appreciate the Civic's shape sooooooooooo much more after driving this thing for a day, see attached !! Also, you need to make an appointment to make it round a corner, so much understeer, or perhaps the Civic is so sharp that this is what a normal car feels like: First car i've ever been in where i can reach all 4 door handles from the inside, whilst still in the drivers seat!!!

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts