2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Living the dream!
8,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok if your going to buy a 9G CTR then why not buy the ultimate 9G CTR personalised number plate? I figured I would give you all a massive tip off on this but remeber only one is available and in the CTR thread it is revelled the new type r will be chassis code FK2 Announcement - Everything We Know, A Hands On Low-Down with the New Civic Type-R (FK2, K20C1)

Take a look at this plate FK02 CTR you can buy this online for £188.40 and no one has done so yet!

I have to be honest and say I was tempted to buy myself just to sit on it for 6 months then sell to a 9G user and make £100 notes for my hassle;)

·
Banned
7,705 Posts
I'll be buying the new Type-R but not a fan of current style private plates, FK02 CTR means nothing to the average joe in the street and makes the car look 13 years old.

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Just short of £300 (after gov taxes added) could be an absolute steal for someone, wish i had the room on my credit card to snap it up

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
I would not pay for that plate, its open market value is pretty worthless, its a plate that plays to a technical enthusiast only, 99.9% of people would never have a clue or attach a value to it.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Maybe but then again plenty of people bought mugen style plates
I think Mugen is in the title of a car model, so the link is far more prominent.

You could look for LED type plates for the headlights, or NBR plates for the ring time effort, I just think its obscure, but like anything, its down to what an individual values it at, just for me its a no. :)

·
Living the dream!
8,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just short of £300 (after gov taxes added) could be an absolute steal for someone, wish i had the room on my credit card to snap it up

will be less than that as the brand new car has to be registered so my guess you would have no £80 transfer fee but then again I could be very wrong

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
I think if its bought from the DVLA you can just pay the listed price all in, if you buy and its private, its on retention, then you have to pay to transfer or if your car is not built, maybe pay for retention or just pay to transfer.

I got mine from the DVLA as it was cheaper, a lot of sellers back when I got mine would sell the plate the DVLA held and then bump the price, so you were in effect paying a middleman some profit.

I have had my plate more than 10 years so I am a little out of touch!

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
And also 9th gen. They didn't change it. And now also CTR get's it. Quite a mess in parts catalogues
It will be as before, use registration plate or full VIN, it just means us forum users have to be specific rather than use 3 digits! :)

·
Registered
316 Posts
And also 9th gen. They didn't change it. And now also CTR get's it. Quite a mess in parts catalogues

If the chassis is the same does that ment you can chop & change parts over between them. That would be cool

1 - 16 of 16 Posts