2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I was wondering if anybody has parking sensors that perfectly match the paint on there car.

I ordered my new civic about 3 weeks ago and completed the deal providing that the parking sensors were painted. ( I read that they were painted if you got the city pack, which is why I asked for them in the deal, but couldn't stretch to the full cost of the pack.)
So I picked up my car on the 1st and was shocked to find that the parking sensors were supposedly colour coded to my cars colour, Nighthawk Black and not painted as previously agreed.
Now I've posted a pic of my car below.

Car Pic 2.jpg

the sensors look alright from a distance and blend in slightly but up close it looks as if it was colour coded for cosmic gray not nighthawk black.

Car Pic 1.jpg

I did complain as it is written in the agreement signed by both me and the dealer to the conditions of sale e.g painted parking sensors. I have until monday to decide whether to get them to order the paint to make them match the bodywork better at their cost.
The thing is the sales guy said if I went ahead with getting them painted they wouldn't be covered under warranty and there would be issues with them, like not working correctly. Now this to me seems as if they are trying to wriggle there way out of the agreement and telling me a lot of rubbish.

This is why I would like to know if anybody has nighthawk black with parking sensors that are painted to perfectly match body, to help me decide what to do. Am I being overly critical, should I not worry about it?

I just feel slightly cheated out of what was promised, not that its a big problem or anything, but would really appreciate everybody's opinion.

Dave

·
Registered
50 Posts
I didn't go for sensors myself, but if I had, and expected colour-coded ones, I'd feel exactly the same as you mate. They are not my idea of colour-coded - they look grey not nighthawk black!! IMO, do not get any work done yourself - if you've paid for colour-coded sensors, THEY have not delivered on the deal, and THEY need to address it - not you!!

Go back to your dealer, and make it clear that YOU are not happy with it!!

·
Banned
44 Posts
I've just had Honda rear parking sensors fitted and they match perfectly. They don't look like yours though.

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
Mine match perfectly in high gloss NHB. Slightly different design to yours as mine have a 'dished' centre and are barely noticeable.

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Makes you wonder if the person complaining in the Sunday Times last month was the victim of this? It's a really really easy way for the dealer to make a quick £300+ :(

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone for the advice, never even crossed my mind that they weren't official sensors.

I will need to do some research before I go back to the dealer.

allan40alt would you mind posting a good pic of your sensors, as I can't find a really good close up of the sensors anywhere. I think I'll need a pic to take to the dealers when complaining.

mark182 how do you check the part number, is the only way to get under the car, i have looked but not much space to see well. What I can see on the tag doesn't resemble any part of the number you listed.

I'll definitely be on the phone tomorrow to honda customer services to find more out.

Does everybody's sensors have a dished center ?

This hasn't improved my feelings toward the dealer at all.

This is a great site, and thank you all again for your patience and not being nasty to me as I seem to have posted in the wrong area, sorry but thought it was a general question problem.

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts

As you can see, completely different. Yours look just like the £10 jobbies you get from ebay from the far east :(

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Thanks basegreen, lol your not making me feel any better. My dealers are a bunch of crooks.
Well there going to get a shock tomorrow.

·
Banned
1,712 Posts
DaveC. My sensors are exactly as described by allan40alt. Dished and painted. ;)

·
Foglight Covers FORSALE
3,182 Posts
they dont look like mine:-

Attachments

·
Foglight Covers FORSALE
3,182 Posts
how much did you pay for the sensors? mine were £390. have honda changed them for any reason? i have noticed lots of bmw and audis sensors are much neater than the honda 1s, just a thought before you let them have both barrels.

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
I'm pretty certain your dealer is taking you for a ride! They are certainly NOT official Honda sensors!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
how much did you pay for the sensors? mine were £390. have honda changed them for any reason? i have noticed lots of bmw and audis sensors are much neater than the honda 1s, just a thought before you let them have both barrels.

They quoted me the same £390, but because they couldn't increase the trade-in price they reduced sensors to £200 and threw in mats. But it was on the condition they were colour matched and original.

Didn't think a honda dealer was allowed to sell any accessories that weren't honda original.

I see your point about the sensors but to be fair yours looks nicer than my cheepo looking ones.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts