2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my Civic...oooh; 10 days now. Just came back to it in Asda car park and there's chunks taken out of the back drivers side door.

Anyone idea what the repair costs are going to be like? I'm guessing about a thousand!

It's silver too...

·
Registered
211 Posts
A pic might help us get a better idea.

Shouldn't be that much tho. The whole door should be about £250 cash at the most.

Straight away don't go near chips away etc tho!! Go to a proper garage - may have to be Honda cos I know the paint is supposed to be a bit special!

J

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
These are all 3 different sets; although they're all on the back door.

Sorry they're bad quality but they're all on a phone cam in dark conditions.

The 3rd one (ARGH1) is the worst and metal is actually showing through a tiny bit.

Do people think it'll need a new door or just a respray? And any idea how long these take? I'm NOT a happy chap!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Gutted for you - it will happen to most of us over time I am sure. That's not a simple scrape is it -- wonder how it happened?

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think it might have been a transit van; there was one blocking me in my space for a bit. The weirdest bit is how it's spread over a good 6 inches of height. I was also parked in front of the trolly store; but it looks more vicious than that!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Damn, really sorry to see that damage, I can only imagine how that feels :(

·
Registered
211 Posts
There's no way thats a trolley is it.

What kind of dick does that to a car then drives off. I'd ask if there is any CCTV footage you can have a look at from ASDA.

You'll need new trim and the whole panel re-sprayed. If you can get a nice cash deal then your looking at £250 easy - if they can get the paint.

Gutted for you mate.

J

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Really feel for you fella :( .

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
Ditto everyone else mate - sorry to see that damage in such a short space of time.....

I'm super cautious of mine everyday, usually whilst at the Restaurant, employing my mum's or sister's cars to park along side mine, thus protecting it!!!!

The Portuguese have this bloody annoying knack of just parking up and flinging their door wide open, thus using the car next to it as a door-stop.......... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Looking at that damage, at first glance it looks like a trolley has gone down the side of it, but then the damage to the wheel flair area isn't consistant with that...... :? :?

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think I'm going to take it to my dealer; it'll probably be quite a bit more, but at least I know it'll be done properly.

I had another look at it; there's no dents or anything so I'm suprised if it's a car, knowing the area I wouldn't be suprised if somebody had purposly done it with a trolly; the height & everything seems about right.

I phoned Asda and they won't do a thing without police intervention, going to phone the cops tomorrow but I doubt anything will come of it.

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
That's terrible. Don't know how people can do that and just drive away from it. I'm really sorry to see your new car damaged like this.

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
What a bummer.

I had this once on a rather special brand new car and I saw who did it! Trouble is, it was a doddery old fart, and he was my next door neighbour. He was reversing and actually had no idea he's done it.

Anyway - if possible don't take it to the dealer. All they do is take it to an "approved" body shop and then charge a whole load on top. Try and find out which body shop they use (a nice chat to your salesman will probably do this), or try and find out which body shops near you are good (a better plan, since I have had a nightmare even with a Porsche "approved" body shop).

Having said all that - your job is very very simple indeed, for any shop. Complete door spray and a bit of plastic (possibly - can't see from the photos). It's just a bore and a waste of money.

·
Banned
1,712 Posts
Sorry about the damage, mate. If you can get the paint, I know a good sprayer on the Grove.

·
Definately Female!
2,966 Posts
Im sorry to see that, you must be gutted. What jme1978 suggested is a good idea - ask Asda if they have any cctv in that part of the car park.

·
Registered
975 Posts
this topics intresting as ive seen several scratched civic lol, particually the rear end and i know someone who was driven into and has one, maybe its a bit unlucky.

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm getting it resprayed somewhere on Friday; just a body shop though as Honda were asking for extortionate amounts.

And guess what? Someone has done my front in too!!

It's nowhere near as bad, just some light scratches; but they managed to pop out the little cover for the towing hooks and get it stuck behind my number plate!

There's a Civic next door to me and that's all scratched up at the back too, what is it with them?

For the record Asda said they won't do anything without police; and the police said that without direct addmitance (very unlikely) I'd have to go through with legal proceedings; there's also a good chance in the area that they aren't insured. So virtually on the advice of the police I've decided to just leave it.

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
There's a silver Civic near me and his whole door is stoved in - maybe it's the dozy myopic drivers who whilst gawping just crunch into what they're looking at.

Was the front also done in at Asda? Is it time to move supermarkets? ;)

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Since generationgav started this tread I have been very careful as to where I park my car, as far away from any other car a I can. This has made me very wary of other dozy prats.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I really sympathise with generationgav here;

I have finally convinced my wife to park well away from the entrance of supermarkets, and walk to the entrance, oooh at least 45 seconds, rather than come back and find some dozy tw*t has dinked your car.

But, why is it that I go into a large superstore car park, when it is not busy - I park at least 100yds away from the nearest car, in my own area of the car park. When you come back somebody has parked next to you rather than use one of the 100's of spaces elsewhere. It must be something to do with lining themselves square with an already parked car.

I have actually caught people in the past openeing a door on my car, and it is amazing the reaction you get when confronting them, they walk away like you do not exist - They are 'untouchables' nothing gets through, ignorant is not the word, more like scum.

I know I may get slated here, but I now almost double park the car, straddling a white line (only on quiet days mind) , rather than the get the car dinked again.

I was thinking that it is almost seen as a given that this happens, with a shrug of the shoulders. But, if someone came along and slashed 2, 3 or 4 of your tyres, which would probably cost the same money as having a ding/scrape removed - There would'nt be a lot of shoulder shrugging then.

Rant over :D as you can see this is one of my pet hates.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts