2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Typical.....

Just been to football at my local sports centre and after we finish we all have a chat in the car park and usually are there still when the people on duty lock up and go home, we always say goodbye to them.

Well this time one of the girls decided to reverse out of her space nice and slowly and bump into the front end of the Civic :(:(:(:(:( Then she started slowly driving off so I ran after her and when I caught up with her she was so apologetic and almost bursted into tears as she didn't realise she had hit me :rolleyes:

Could see any damage in the car park but took her name and number and told her I speak with her tomorrow. Just got back and cleaned the area and got a torch on it and there is a nice scuff :( bugga.....

I'll try and get a picture up tomorrow but I'm not sure if I can get it out with the DA or not, otherwise it will probably be cheaper to get a new painted bumper from Cox (current bumper has a few stone chips).

Typical....you get it just the way you want it and someone goes and sticks a spanner in the works....:facepalm:

Could be worse I suppose...

·
Premium Member
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I text her last night and she's replied this morning. I explained that there is a scuff but I'll try and get it out myself. If I can't then it's probably cheaper (or just as cheap) to get a new bumper ready painted from Honda/Cox's.

Looking at it in the daylight you can see it from certain lights :rolleyes: it doesn't look as though any paint has been removed instead it looks like it's been moved about a bit (does this make sense), it kind of looks like I put a layer of wax on it but haven't buffed it off yet :confused:

Any detailers out there know if I can get this out with my DA working it carefully?

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
Then she started slowly driving off so I ran after her and when I caught up with her she was so apologetic and almost bursted into tears as she didn't realise she had hit me :rolleyes:
How in Gods name do these countless amount of people remain on the roads with a license. Its not like she was travelling at lightspeed, she was in a car park. I see this countless times here at the dealership, they don't even notice they've done it. maybe this sort of incident should go through the insurance so that their premiums go sky high, might just teach em a lesson, or at least to watch what they are doing a bit more closely......

·
Premium Member
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This is the problem / blessing with a black car, it's difficult to get a picture of the defect on a camera.

I'll try again when I get home but my best description is that it looks like wax has been applied but not removed :(

·
more torque than the mrs
6,627 Posts
This is the problem / blessing with a black car, it's difficult to get a picture of the defect on a camera.

I'll try again when I get home but my best description is that it looks like wax has been applied but not removed :(
should polish out then all its effected is the clear coat use a little 3g on it then wax the area, job done.

·
Premium Member
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sorted....

Got home from work and cracked on with the repair to the front bumper.

Gave the area a quick wash and clay to remove and particulates that were hiding then washed again and dried.

Some inspection shots:

Wheel arch masked up to to give it some protection:

So I whipped out the DA and started out with a Sonus Finishing pad and Sonus SFX-3 Final Finish Polish. After a few passes it wasn't making much difference so I changed to Sonus Cutting pad and Sonus SFX-2 Swirl Remover Polish and after 2 passes here are the results :cool:

I finished it up again with the Finishing pad and SFX-3 just to reduce any chance of holograms :D

Thanks to all for the support.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts